Jalapeno eggs

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Crpdeth, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Pinecone's thread about pickling reminded me that I need to work on some of these... All you do is hard boil some eggs, peel, then drop them into a jar of jalapeno juice and store in the fridge for about 30 days... A little salt and YUM!

If anyone knows where to get a bunch of jalapeno juice I'd sure like to know because I usually don't have enough on hand.

Crpdeth
  2. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

When we finish a big jug of kosher dills, I'll boil a dozenish eggs up and toss them in, along with a couple small jars of pickled jalapeno peppers and some fresh unused white vinegar.
    They come out green to the core, but really tasty.
  3. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Keep a stock of marinated jalapeƱos,
    generally La Victorias, keep em in
    a large pickle jar. When the jalapeƱos get low
    just dump in another can. Also keep
    pearl onions and chantrell dinks in the jar.
    You could do the same with the hard boiled
    eggs, just wouldn't have as many peppers in the jar.
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

I think the main problem is that I'm buying my jalapenos in the produce section or getting them fresh, I'll have to start buying a few jars.

For now, I have a few jars that I've canned up which are getting old enough to become soft, I may discard the peppers and use that juice and see how it does.

Max... Yep! Green to the core! Hahaha, Green eggs and ham! :D

Crpdeth