jalapeno poppers

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by BETH, Dec 21, 2009.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

guy at work just gave me this recipe and he is an great cook. 10 halapenos clean cut in half. mix 8oz cream cheese with 1 pk of ranch dressing together and stuff that in the 1/2 jalapeno u cut. you can wrap the whole think in bacon or just cut out the meat of the bacon and put it on top of cream cheese. bake 350 degrees for 40 min
  2. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Ohhhh. Why cut out just the meat of the bacon??? We need to fatten up and clog our arteries!! At first, I read the first word halapenos as habaneros and thought....Wow, this chick is SERIOUS. Can you imagine :eek:. My boy and I have graduated to eating habaneros a little at a time....but not the whole thing all at once....not yet......
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

try the recipe with habaneros?
  4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Not unless you are well versed in the art of eating very, very hot peppers. There is a scale that is used to denote hotness of peppers. I am taking from memory, so I may be a bit off......but not by much.

Bell Pepper: 0
    Jalapeno: 5000
    Serrano: 15000 (these are the ones I gobble up)
    Habanero: 250,000-500,000
    Ghost Pepper: over 1,000,000

I can eat some pretty hot **** and I wouldn't EVER consider eating a whole habanero. Only in small pieces. One mistake both my son and I made after snacking on habaneros was going to the bathroom. We forgot to wash our hands after eating the peppers. Good Lord did the netherregions HURT. That is something you only do once, let me tell ya.

You can actually watch crazy people devour habaneros and ghost peppers on YouTube. It is amusing, because, by and large, these people are novices and have NO idea what they are doing.

Around here, we can only get Jalapenos, Anaheims, Serranos and Halapenos (the weaker variety). I am going to order some ghost peppers online here soon and make a killer hot sauce based on my Grandma's old recipe. It is going to be a good thing.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Ok good luck John
  6. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Mmm, I like Habaneros. I can handle Quaker Steak and Lube's 300,000 Scoville hot wings, with effort.
    Ghost peppers? No way!
    I think this recipe would taste better with Jalapenos though.
  7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

You are good. Very good. Tasty hot wings that you have to sign a waver to eat are not available around here. I would love to try.......
  8. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Cooking these for Christmas dinner. It will be the appetizer. It will be good......
  10. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Those look tasty, all right. Maybe made with habaneros for me.
  11. topper

topper New Member

I made some poppers with whole jalapenos with the seeds removed and stuffed with cream cheese and battered with cornmeal and flour mixture. Fry in skillet until golden brown. Or could even wrap them in bacon and batter and fry. Either way they are great. Just remove ALL the seeds.
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I like to deep fry them battered with Zatarans corn flower. Don't care for the bacon on them though. Going to have to try that Dressing mix, sounds good. Only have to cook them till batter turns shade you like. Cook Cream cheese side down first and the turn to keep cream cheese from melting.
  13. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

I'm getting hungry