Jard trigger info!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by da357mag, Jun 24, 2011.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I have a model 70, and it has a trigger pull of an average of 4.6 lbs!:eek: This is no good for me, I have been used to light triggers all my life! I have talked to my gunsmith and he says by working on the stock trigger he could get it down to about 3 lbs. I want it around 1.5 lbs, and after some research I found they make a trigger that is adjustable down to 5 OZ! But this rifle is going to be shot
    at coyotes and at long ranges! So even if I refinish the stock It is made to be shot, and I can't do it with the trigger in it now anyone with experience with the Jard trigger comments would be appreciated! Thanks:) Doug
  2. Jboy

Jboy Member

3. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Thanks Jboy! I have never dealt with jard or heard of anyone that has!:eek:\
    I think I will do some more research and see what Jewel has for a trigger!:) Doug
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

da357mag:

I have dealt with JARD for my AR-15. The AR trigger was a bit of a disappointment as a light pull with little or no creep resulted in doubling. I followed the adjustment instructions to the tee. Admittedly a bolt gun is different than a semi-auto but I'd personally not buy their product again. There are many triggers on the market today for your rifle. I'd do a better investigation as to the options before laying my money on the JARD. Timney is one and their newest triggers are redesigned (and re-priced higher) and may be able to get down to what you are after. But there are others. Just scout out midwayusa.com and Brownells. If no one else makes a trigger that gets to your desired level then go for the JARD (??).

LDBennett
  5. da357mag

da357mag New Member

Thanks for the input! I have seen two different triggers that Jard offers, the first is the "modular" model that looks alot like the Remington 700 trigger housing. The second and what looks more like the trigger/sear group that is in the rifle now. And it costs about $25.00 more!:eek: Granted I only will but the trigger once, and I could go ahead and let my gunsmith buddy show me how to do. The main problem I have is I can't work on my rifle here where I live since it is a group home and there are at least two of the others that have felonies on there record! Even though I has a "secured" as in individually keyed door lock, I can't bring them here. So I am going to have to work something out with my smith, and I will do the work if he will show me what to do! I have a "shoestring" shooting budget, and have to save wherever I can Thanks again for the input!:)
    Doug
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011