Java problems with chat.....ideas???

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by Jay, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Jay

Jay Active Member

I used to be able to access the chat room with no problem at all. At some point I've lost that ability. I've tried IE6, Mozilla, and Netscape 7.2 with the same result. The chat window opens, and the Java routine begins, but before the white box on the right side opens up, the window AND whatever browser I"m using just shuts down (closes). The computer does not lock up, the browser just closes. I've been to the Sun web site and downloaded the Java version suggested by their tech staff, but it still fails to work. I'm using Windows "ME", and it worked until around October. I know it's not a TFF problem, (I can't get into any chat room).The Java "test" routine on the Sun site reflects that everything is working, and I'm computer literate enough to dig after a solution, but I've run out of "fixes". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jay
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you checked your security settings in the various browsers to make sure they are not blocking Java? Are you running a third-party security package (Norton, etc) that might need to be tweaked? Are you going through a proxy that may be blocking it?