JC Higgins Model 60 Auto Loader

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by TomA, May 15, 2009.

1. TomA

TomA New Member

My son just bought a nice JC Higgins Model 60 auto loader 12 ga. The gun works nice on heavyer loads but seams to hang a round during ejection on the field or trap loads?? What might be the problem. The gun has been well taken care of.

Any one have any ideas on the problem?

Could the recoil o ring be to much for the trap loads?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Though I do not have any experience with the Higgins model I do know that most auto loading shotguns require some adjustment to reliably cycle when going from a heavy load to a lighter load and vice versa. (Do not shoot heavy loads on a light load setting, you'll crack the fore end.)
    How your particular model is adjusted I do not know. Most times is a matter of moving a bushing or flipping a spring. Sounds to me though that you may know how to adjust yours, you were just questioning if it needs adjustment or if there is something wrong.