The Firearms Forum banner

Jedwil

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  BETH 
#1 ·
Got er done this afternoon.. What ya think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Ill have it in the mail tomorrow morning on my way to the bank.

#5 ·
Damned PO is worse than the Banks. PO in my neck o the woods is taking the entire memorial day weekend off. Ill get it sent tuesday John.

Bank was open tho. Good thing i went there first, because if i had gone to the PO first i would have assumed the banks were closed too and went back home angry.

#9 ·
Nice work Josh! You can do some fine magic tricks.
I just dont like it when a reputable company that sells these sights for a living tells a prospective customer that they dont make sights that will fit a Citadel.. That to me is just as bad as telling them. "sorry, were not interested in your business.. The money isnt easy enough"

Especially when a nobody small town Gunsmith took these Govt Novak cut sights and pushed them onto a Citadel slide with about 20 minutes worth of file work, a hand built sight pusher and a 3/4" wrench, and some G96 to finish the Job and make it look clean and seamless.

#10 ·
John, I figure a small red and white USPS box should be in your mailbox today or tomorrow. Let me know when it gets there so I can take the PO off my hit list.. ;)

#11 ·
That looks good dude. Its funny that the kensight adjustable rears for novak, fit a novak cut but the Novak brand adjustable rear wont w/o cutting a small relief in the front to fit were the hinge pin sits. One would think the developer of their own sight cut might want their own sights to fit.

#12 ·
My thinkin too. When Kensight designed the full adjustable Novak they designed it so the hinge was within the shape of the Novak fixed sight. So no extra mods when upgrading. I like the sight so much im thinkin of ordering a couple spares for stock.

#13 ·
John, I figure a small red and white USPS box should be in your mailbox today or tomorrow. Let me know when it gets there so I can take the PO off my hit list.. ;)
Josh, the box is at the PO and I can't get it until Monday. Darn.......I should have had Joanne check the box earlier today since she was off and coming to town........

#14 ·
Cool. Looking forward to the final product and the range report.

#18 ·
nada. I just fit them to the slide. The Citadels, just like all the rest of the Armscor pistols including american classic and RIA, have an odd size dovetail system, but they are very very close to standard Novak dovetails. Johns dovetails measured .315X65* up front and .490X65* rear. Std Novaks are .330X65* and .495X65* so i had some 'extra sight' to work with on both ends which allowed me to give them a very tight fit so theyll never 'walk' loose under recoil forces.

John opted for a fully adjustable rear replacement, which was a $125 rear sight made by Kensight. The front is a .175" high replacement, which is .010 lower than the original so John can have all of his 'UP' adjustment with his rear sight, not that hed be needing to adjust it to shoot 100 yds but.. you never know..;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.