1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/3/02 9:34:41 pm)
    Reply Jerks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dangnag it!

Well I waited untill the last minute to pick up a .22 for tomorrows squirrel hunt...(Decided to go with a ruger 10/22 instead of my bro's rossi because I've owned several, know them to be good guns, and wanted my bro to keep his gun) So right off the bat I know this is partially my fault...anyway.

I got through working this evening, went to my dealer, and picked out a nice pre-owned rifel and scope/rings...All's well untill he call's to clear me for the purchase, first he spelled my name wrong, I corrected him, and he repeted the correction...Then he couldnt hear on that phone so he changed phones, then he had to repeat some numbers that the operator wasn't hearing clearly, several times...The frusteration was justified, but became obvious in his voice...then the idiots delayed me on my purchase! I have to wait untill 8:00 in the morning to check on it, I wanted to be under a tree 45 miles from here by 8:00!

I'm thinking more and more about garage sales for firearm purchases.

~-~I'm your huckleberry.~-~

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/3/02 9:53:26 pm)
    Reply Re: Jerks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry to hear you had such a rough time getting the red tape done on your .22 Ruger.

Are you going to check out the scope to see if its bang on. That could ruin a good squirrel hunt.

Good luck, Donny.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/3/02 9:54:29 pm)
    Re: Jerks!
    Can ya borrow one from someone tonight?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/3/02 11:01:46 pm)
    Donny, Sorry that you had the problem. Try not to blame the dealer too much. The problems with the background checks is a screwed system. I am a dealer and I have yet had a check that did not have to go to customer service( the main FBI office) There is always some mixup at the Nics check site. When they type in my password they only see astricks*****. so if they don't listen carefully they get it wrong. If they get it wrong two times you go to the customer service. So please bear with your dealer. I hope you get to borrow a 22 and get all the squirrel you need.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/4/02 7:15:39 am)
    Sounds like Sufferin Springs pawn shop blues to me, you can normally hunt squirrels inside when there.
    T.F.F.

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/4/02 6:36:06 pm)
    Heh...Naw I dont blame the dealer, And waiting untill the last minute was my fault...

The day was a bust tho...didn't get to my stand untill 9:30 this morning, The squirrels had hired the mosquitoes, seed ticks, and horseflys to keep us twitching because they know the 30 minute rule...If you dont move for 30 minutes they have to present themselves as a feasible target

We got to burn a stump before we left though, thats always fun.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/4/02 6:41:01 pm)
    Well if your going to suffer the late season squirrels, it`s better in the evening......than morning. Remember, there`s nothing in the tree`s for them to eat......so there on the ground. In the evening, you`ll catch them leaving the tree`s for the last days meal. In the morning, they`re on the ground and back in the den by light, mostly. LTS
    T.F.F.

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/4/02 6:45:29 pm)
    Thanks LTS...I'll store that info for next weekend.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/5/02 5:00:30 am)
    So the question is, - did ya get any of them tree rats?
    RuffItt

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/5/02 9:12:14 am)
    Didn't even see one

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/5/02 11:29:02 am)
    Check with AntiqueDr....he sorta squirrlie most of tha time!
    Check out his Winchesters...

Charlie D
    The things that come to those
    who wait may be the things left
    by those who got there first......