Jew,Christian, Mormon, a childs question

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by dartswinger, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

If you don't have enough faith in God's protection to handle rattlesnakes and drink draino, you ain't a Christian.
    And I have scripture for that, too:
    Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
    17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

As I said; Jesus Christ is the judge - not me, not you.
  2. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN Member

I am not judging anyone.
  3. KenV

KenV Former Guest

ALL the *#$! time, and not just in some obscure web forum. Even the major media jumps on this bandwagon. For example, Romney's "not a Christian" either.

And the folks that declare Mormons to be "not-Christian"? These folks will insist they are "not judging" and "not standing on higher moral ground", while simultaneously smugly declaring millions of people to be damned to hell fire for all eternity.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah thats gotta suck

i'm reminded of hans faust a civil servant in wartime germany say how he did not judge or condem anyone , jews had to be wiped out and so he helped , just following instructions ...

hans woke up one day facing a russian who decided germans where the latest sub class took him 20 years to get home

see they never see the wrong until its done against them , then they play the victim and still its not their fault

they dont judge , they just help wipe out as many as they can

and i thought i copped it tough for being hunter who makes his own hootch ( not a Christian if you hunt and give meat away on the sabbath and definately not a Chrsitian cause i have a still , and it varies if i'm a Christian cause i'm a veteran , some say yes some say not possible )

but i am a bit outside the mainstream

But you folks heck .. seen enough here in the past couple years to get a real wake up

here in the bush mormons are regarded like salvation army

a general high level of respect for who they be and what they do and who they help

so this is a bit new to me , and frankly rather disturbing that its so prevalent

but i know i'll never see these folks who are against you out in the deep dessert here or weird backwaters somewhere where i think the only white fella for miles is me and lo and behold i run into some Mormon doc or health worker helping out some folks out in the real boonies

dont stop eh!

cause you'll be surprising a heap ( and pissing off a heap ) come Glory

and i'm all for a big stir and upset of those who know so much ;)
  5. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

What?? LDS do NOT believe in another "christ" We believe in the same one you do- the one who sweat blood for all of our sins in the "Garden" and died on the cross. We believe in the God the Father that you do. We also study the KJV deliegnetly in sunday school. KJV book 1 says "out the mouth of two witnesses shall all things be proved." The Book of Mormon is simply the second witness to our saviors mission to the world-no more or no less. Just saying.:)
  6. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN Member

What are the beliefs of Mormons on Lutherans? I do not believe the book of Mormon is scripture. I don't believe in salvation by acts either. I drink and hunt and fight when need be. Do I get to go to heaven?
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Ryan , i'm told i'm not a Christian cause i fight the islamists here , cause i defend gun rights and only know how to defend myself when attacked , not how to run away

all these things some folks say make me not a Christian , but Christ says different

i trust what He says , and He says we should not judge ,

now if you dont beleive in Salvation by acts

the act of submission to Christ dont count ?

we're all screwed if so eh ..

oh Lutherans and Mormons run the outback visitation scheme , folks visit folks who are a bit remote and drop in to check they are ok

seems to be working pretty well actually

methodists used to run a similar scheme but pulled it a decade or so ago and stick within easy reach of towns and such

C of E stopped in the 70's

so now just a few Methodist hard core folks Lutherans Salvation Army and Mormons and whack jobs like me ;)
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  8. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

What he said;)
  9. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Do you love your family? Are you kind to your wife and children? When we ALL stand before the judgement seat of Chirst and the book of life is opened on each of us the "good" will be weighed against any "evil" -we have not repented of. This is key to all basic Christians Luthern Catholics Baptists LDS etc. AND why Christ bled in the Garden taking ALL of mankinds sins on to him past present and future so we maybe "washed clean" at the last day thru repentance. Sometimes I think about some of my actions in my life and understanding that I personally put some of that pain endured on the Garden and on thee Cross- well I do not feel so good and try to do better. Just saying:)
  10. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Well Done KenV
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

know that story well , makes you wonder how really cool He is eh , after all i've been a dead set mongrel at times .. to friend and foe .. and still he will allow a rat bag like me to get a shot at the greatest gift ever ..

If thats not a great bloke i dunno what is ..

and after all the crap stunts i've pulled

Guess you really have to be God to have that much compassion eh ..
  12. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Yup Father loves ALL his children even us bad boys which is why he gave us free choice and a chance to change SOME of our really bad habits. Good on ya mate!!
  13. KenV

KenV Former Guest

Hmmmm. You're "not judging here", but you have decided that Mormons are "good people on their way to hell".

I see. And when you "speak the truth" about Mormons it is is based on your judgment that Mormons "deny Christ's diety", believe "in another Christ", and/or believe "in another gospel" And you make this judgment and declare that Mormons "are cursed" while knowing little or nothing about Mormon doctrine/theology. And yet this is "not judging" and not "narrow mindedness". Uh huh. I hear you.

If the above is NOT judging, then please define judging.

If making judgments about others you know little about and then declaring them "cursed" is NOT narrow mindedness, please define narrow mindedness.
  14. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Neither my wife or I agree with the book of Mormon either and we live in a predominately Mormon area of the country. However, I have the comfortable feeling that Mitt Romney does have the good of the nation in his heart unlike the usurper currently in office. We are a country that has Freedom of Religion and the Mormon church does do a lot of good for humanity. When asked if I would be willing to help in their cannery I was happy to do so. Mormons are certainly good Christians. Most Christian churches in fact try to do good. Don't recall ever hearing of a Mosque donating food or money to help Christians though.

That was a very good way of explaining the difference to a child.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  15. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

So what saves us? Is it the good deeds we do?