Jew,Christian, Mormon, a childs question

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by dartswinger, Aug 26, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i thought this covered it Highboy ..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. KenV

KenV Former Guest

Mormons believe Lutherans are Christians seeking to become more Christ-like.

Mormons use the King James Version of the Bible. Mormons also consider the Luther translation of the Bible to be the word of God.

Mormons believe salvation comes from the gift and grace of God, through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Under Mormon theology, absolutely and definitely.
  3. KenV

KenV Former Guest

Mormons believe salvation comes from the gift and grace of God, through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

1. Salvation is a gift, it is NOT earned.
    2. The gift of salvation is offered to mankind because God is full of grace and mercy. But he is also perfectly just.
    3. If not for Christ's atonement, God's justice would prevail and we would be eternally lost. Mercy cannot rob justice. However, the atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible for God to extend his mercy and grace to humanity. Thus through the atonement the requirements of justice are satisfied AND God can gift us with his mercy and grace.

So what about the above is "not Christian"?
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

now i dunno your thoughts , on this part of the good book

but i see a lot of good fruit in the Mormon Church

i'm not afan of catholasism either but Martin Luther stated as one and soon broke that gang up and help the catholic church grow and be less autocratic

change comes from the good folks who love God within

dont like the doctrine ? challenge the Church, the body , but the folks

look at a folks faith before you decide anything , and watch their deeds

between the two you'll know if they be Christian

I beleive in a personal theory ( all mine) about the big bang , thats it was of God the Creator ( it was the act of creation itself and time .. relatively speaking ) and all to get us to about this point in time and space for His plan to come to Fruition

that make me not a Christian ??

i guess it does as its not strict bible unless.. narr

that'd be unacceptable to the Main stream Churches eh

they'd have to excommunicate me or something eh

firing squad ?

my ancestors have been hunted before by the church

heratics and we place no special attachment to mary .. she was a vessel and blessed so .. but thats all ,

we gonna start that again ??

do i need to find a modern day Catherine the great ?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Satan was a spirit , all spirits are of God ( or did ol nick have a seperate creator? ) satan was also a angel but old nick got greedy , and got cast out , and that too i believe is part and parcel of God's plan for us all

look its a bit more indepth and direct but essentially correct , i forget the passage ( psalm i think where all things in heaven are of the one spirit as brothers or something to that effect )

my statements that we are star dust , and the Bible statement we are clay is similar

we are the composed sum of input of nutrients based on a cellular organic mechanism

all of which has come from the cosmos , been reaarrainged in nature by its factories ( plants time and geology

and here we are
  6. KenV

KenV Former Guest

I don't know what you studied, but the above is NOT "Mormonism". Not even close. You have an utterly false notion about Mormonism.

Same reply applies to this question.

This is hilarious. You go to some off the wall preacher's axe grinding website and then claim to have studied mormonism "in depth for years". If you want to know about the LDS church, go to lds.org or mormon.org.

On the subject of being "brainwashed" may I suggest you look in the mirror? You appear to have filled your brain with fairy tales about Mormons and believe them to be true.

In my opinion, this is a great website to learn about an axe grinding version of Christianity that resembles little what Christ taught two millenia ago.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  8. KenV

KenV Former Guest

Absolutely FALSE.

False AGAIN. Mormons believe no one knows who will "go to heaven" because ONLY Christ is the judge. I cannot judge myself any better than I can judge you. You apparently have decided you can usurp Christ's role as the only judge of mankind and condemn millions of others to eternal damnation. Good for you.

God forbids that, and yet here you are placing yourself above Christ by condemning millions (perhaps billions) to eternal damnation. Good for you!
  9. 76Highboy

10. KenV

KenV Former Guest

Yup. Mormons believe all humans (including Jesus Christ) are the sons and daughters of God. Even Satan was a son of god. Since we all have the same father, we are all brothers and sisters. You appear to be saying that anyone who believes we do not all share the same spiritual father cannot be a Christian. On what do you base your belief?

And what does this have to do with justice, mercy, grace, salvation, and Christ's atonement, which is the basis of Christianity.
  11. 76Highboy

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Here we see that the Word was the beginning and it was with God, and it was God. Then in 14 the word became flesh. This indicates that Jesus and God are one. Jesus is the son of God because God brought himself down to earth as the messiah of the world. Jesus is not the son of God because he formed him in the same way he formed Satan. He is the son of God because he is the savior. Satan was an angelic being. He was of no more important as any other angel. Jesus however, is God incarnate. God, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Satan is no where in there. Satan being a brother to Jesus is false and it is misplacing Jesus down to Satan's level and that is not lifting Jesus to his proper position. If we don't receive Jesus as savior than we have missed the meaning of the Christ and we can't teach that Jesus is satan's brother in anyway shape or form.

Where do you pull scripture that they are brothers?
  12. KenV

KenV Former Guest

If you say so. And yet you believe in fairy tales about Mormons. You're welcome to call it whatever you want.

Mormons believe no one knows who is saved and that ONLY Christ knows. Mormons believe claiming to know otherwise is the height of arrogance since by doing so you are usurping Christ's role as the ONLY judge of mankind. You may as well claim that you know when Christ's second coming will be. MANY have claimed they know. ALL were proven wrong. ONLY Christ knows.

Mormons believe the Bible is the word of God "as far as it is translated correctly". There are literally HUNDREDs of different Bible translations, perhaps thousands. Not all are true. Some are downright corrupt. If you believe that any book that has the word "Holy Bible" on the cover is the word of god, you are welcome to that belief. Mormons don't share it.

If you say so. If you believe you can usurp Christ's role as your personal judge, you're welcome to that belief. Mormons don't share it. And I have no idea if you believing you can usurp Christ's role as your personal judge makes you brainwashed or not. I do know I never made that claim nor implied it.

Why you ask? I'll provide three reasons:
    1. That would not be a very Christian thing to do.
    2. I don't really care one whit what Matt Slick claims, thinks, believes, or preaches. I do care what Christ taught.
    3. Mormons believe contention is of satan. "Proving" someone wrong on a radio show appears to me to be a near perfect example of contention.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Highboy , never asked yourself have i lived up to my Salvation ? dont think it can be lost ?

i dunno , i pray it cant be but worried it could be, and i aint Mormon ..

i'm so glad your sound in yours

me i'm sorta trying to do what Christ commanded

hoping i make up for things past
  14. KenV

KenV Former Guest

May I point out a possible contradiction? When you claim you know you are going to heaven, you are claiming you know a "particular individual is going to heaven". Mormons find that arrogant.

Mormons believe we should all make the attempt to know, but NONE can know because only Christ knows. Perhaps Christ will find that your heart is not right and you are NOT in a state of grace because you smugly and publicly condemn others to eternal damnation, while smugly claiming to be able to usurp Christ's role as the ONLY judge of your soul.

Mormons believe that anyone who claims to know has "a problem with doctrine" because Christ is the ONLY judge of all mankind. Mormons believe we are no more worthy to judge ourselves than we are worthy to judge others. You appear to believe you can judge yourself AND others. You are welcome to that belief. Mormons don't share it.

I never stated, suggested, or implied any such thing. Lack of works does NOT prevent ANYone from enjoying ANY of god's grace or his mercy. No one can earn his grace or his mercy. It is a gift. We can choose to accept or reject that gift. The state of our hearts and NOT the state of our works determine whether we have accepted or rejected that gift. And Mormons believe that ONLY Christ is worthy to judge the state of our heart.

Really? I'd like to see the Bible verse that teaches the doctrine that a human can judge anyone's heart, including their own.
  15. 76Highboy

If you want to bash me that is cool. I am thick skinned. I still say that your belief is merely a religion. I believe what I believe because Jesus lives in my heart. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one. I don't tell myself I am saved, God has told me that I am saved through John 3:16. If I told myself that I were saved then that would mean I was self righteous. I am not self righteous. I am made righteous through Christ Jesus into God by the grace of God. It is simply that. As far as me believing fairy tales, I repeat what Mormons tell me they believe. It is not my fault they are not properly versed. I know this. I have studied some Hebrew (enough to get confused) and the truth that you are denying in many of the translations that what we have today is wrong. I have the King James, the New King James, and the NIV, and the New American Standard and none of them teach that Jesus and satan are brothers and and they all teach salvation. They also tell me one more thing. They all tell me that through John 3:16 I am saved. Once again I did not say that I am saved. God's word told me and who is God's Word. God's Word is Jesus. Who is Jesus? He is God incarnate. No, he is not Satan's brother.

Oh, one last thing. We don't find Jesus, he finds us.

If you want to believe a religion, so be it. As for myself, I am a man after Gods own heart and I believe his Word.