JGA 27 977

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gracie01, May 1, 2012.

1. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I have an old gun that belonged to my father. It is stamped JGA 27 977 on it. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is an about what it might be worth? I attempted to upload pics. Not sure if it worked? Thank you. Pam

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow that sure looks old i am sure someone will be along to help u
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

It is WW1 German Flare pistol. Can you get a picture with the breech open? Push the bottom lever forward and the top portion should fall forward at the pivot screw. In excellent shape they can bring $300.00
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Gracie,

Was your father a World War 1 or 2 vet? You have a German flare gun made by Johann Gustav Anschutz. They are fairly common and in condition shown value maybe $100-$150.
  5. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

He was in WWII.I attached a couple more pics. Thanks a lot for looking at it. Pam

Attached Files:

6. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I posted a couple more pics. Thx for looking.
  7. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

He was in WWII. That may have belonged to my grandfather originaly. I can't believe something that old is worth so little. It makes a nice decoration.
  8. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

I believe some were still in use WW-2. My value guesstimate may be low, but flare guns are not nearly as popular with collectors as regular firearms, and condition is a big factor, as yours unfortunately shows a lot of rust.
  9. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Don't feel bad. I have my grandfathers WW1 Helmet with the liner and it's only worth about $150. He was with the Old Hickory Unit out of North Carolina.
  10. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

That old saying " old does not mean gold " , An item can be rare and very old, but if no one wants or desires it, then what is the value? Sorry about that.
  11. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I have one of those too! Minus the lining. Way too cool to sell for that little amount of money.
  12. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I have one of those too! Without the lining though. I wouldn't sell it for that little amount. It is very nostalgic.