1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

JGA 27 977

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gracie01, May 1, 2012.

1. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I have an old gun that belonged to my father. It is stamped JGA 27 977 on it. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is an about what it might be worth? I attempted to upload pics. Not sure if it worked? Thank you. Pam

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow that sure looks old i am sure someone will be along to help u
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

It is WW1 German Flare pistol. Can you get a picture with the breech open? Push the bottom lever forward and the top portion should fall forward at the pivot screw. In excellent shape they can bring $300.00
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Gracie,

Was your father a World War 1 or 2 vet? You have a German flare gun made by Johann Gustav Anschutz. They are fairly common and in condition shown value maybe $100-$150.
  5. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

He was in WWII.I attached a couple more pics. Thanks a lot for looking at it. Pam

Attached Files:

6. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I posted a couple more pics. Thx for looking.
  7. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

He was in WWII. That may have belonged to my grandfather originaly. I can't believe something that old is worth so little. It makes a nice decoration.
  8. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

I believe some were still in use WW-2. My value guesstimate may be low, but flare guns are not nearly as popular with collectors as regular firearms, and condition is a big factor, as yours unfortunately shows a lot of rust.
  9. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Don't feel bad. I have my grandfathers WW1 Helmet with the liner and it's only worth about $150. He was with the Old Hickory Unit out of North Carolina.
  10. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

That old saying " old does not mean gold " , An item can be rare and very old, but if no one wants or desires it, then what is the value? Sorry about that.
  11. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I have one of those too! Minus the lining. Way too cool to sell for that little amount of money.
  12. gracie01

gracie01 New Member

I have one of those too! Without the lining though. I wouldn't sell it for that little amount. It is very nostalgic.