The Firearms Forum banner

Jim Hoag 1911s?

Tags
3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  dons2346 
#1 ·
Does Jim Hoag still build 1911s? I've seen them in a couple movies and I was just wondering if he still makes em?

#3 ·
Thanks Shooter. I was actually just checking cause a friend bet me he didn't make em anymore.

#4 ·
Once youve got the disease it with you for life... I will build 1911s to the day I die. And God willing, i will be putting one together or shooting one the very moment I die..

#5 ·
Once youve got the disease it with you for life... I will build 1911s to the day I die. And God willing, i will be putting one together or shooting one the very moment I die..
Yea, they get in your blood stream somehow and nothing else seems important. I have several poly guns that never see the light of day anymore...

#7 ·
So, after 40 years of not liking the US Army 1911 I fired in '69-'71, I tried the Citadel Compact and love it. I am now lusting for the EMP 9mm. If that counts as a 1911, does it mean I am getting the illness? I already contacted Woodnut for grips for the EMP and I don't have it yet. I'm trying to justify all this to the wife by implying I will probably be getting rid of a XD9sc and a 709.....

#8 ·
Wise choice John. the EMP absolutely is a 1911. it is indeed a short recoil operated tilting breech semi automatic just liek JMB intended, slightly modified of course and geared completely around the smaller .40 smith and the 9mm. My wife wants one. and dumping the XD and the Taurus is an even wiser choice, especially if youre using the funding to grab an aditional 1911.

Besides, your wife wont mind. Tell her I said its OK. :)

#9 ·
Wise choice John. the EMP absolutely is a 1911. it is indeed a short recoil operated tilting breech semi automatic just liek JMB intended, slightly modified of course and geared completely around the smaller .40 smith and the 9mm. My wife wants one. and dumping the XD and the Taurus is an even wiser choice, especially if youre using the funding to grab an aditional 1911.

Besides, your wife wont mind. Tell her I said its OK. :)
Your OK will seal the deal.....Thanks. Thinking, if I can afford it, to keep the others for barter or whatever Carver keeps talking about....Anyway, off thread, I'll get the Beretta to you in the next couple of weeks if you are going to be around. No rush. BTW, Carl still has some beautiful Red Morrell Burl for some grips for the gun I ain't got yet..............

#10 ·
I'm still saving my money for if Colt ever starts making double-action revolvers again.

#13 ·
I'd like to get myself a 4" Python if they ever started making them again. Then again, I don't know, because I feel like I'd pay $1,500 for one and I'd just lock it up in the safe and never use it.

#14 ·
I'd like to get myself a 4" Python if they ever started making them again. Then again, I don't know, because I feel like I'd pay $1,500 for one and I'd just lock it up in the safe and never use it.
I got my 4" Python way back when they were $179. To bad I wasn't smart enough to buy more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.