Joe Wilson Was Right

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Terry_P, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/16/obama-used-faulty-anecdote-speech-congress/

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama, seeking to make a case for health-insurance regulation, told a poignant story to a joint session of Congress last week. An Illinois man getting chemotherapy was dropped from his insurance plan when his insurer discovered an unreported gallstone the patient hadn't known about.

"They delayed his treatment, and he died because of it," the president said in the nationally televised address.

In fact, the man, Otto S. Raddatz, didn't die because the insurance company rescinded his coverage once he became ill, an act known as recission. The efforts of his sister and the office of Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan got Raddatz's policy reinstated within three weeks of his April 2005 rescission and secured a life-extending stem-cell transplant for him. Raddatz died this year, nearly four years after the insurance showdown.

Obama aides say the president got the essence of the story correct. Raddatz was dropped from his insurance plan weeks before a scheduled stem-cell transplant.

In a letter, Babs Waldman, medical director of the Illinois attorney general's office, excoriated the insurer, Fortis Health, which is now Assurant Health. Raddatz "suddenly faces not only life-threatening illness but now the inability to afford the only treatment that may help him," Dr. Waldman wrote to the insurer May 3, 2005.

Peter Duckler, a spokesman for Assurant Health, said the company "can never comment on an insured's coverage due to confidentiality issues."

The patient's sister, Peggy M. Raddatz, testified before the House Energy and Commerce oversight subcommittee June 16 that her brother ultimately received treatment that "extended his life approximately three years." Nowhere in the hearing did she say her brother died because of the delay. Ms. Raddatz didn't return calls seeking comment.
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Everyone knew he was right. All this fuss is about esthetics and how things 'look'. It's a smoke screen to take away from his being right. That's where the race card comes in. They just want to cloud the issues.

Here's a qoute from Thomas Sowell's column on 9-11-09:

""One of the secrets of being a glib talker is not getting hung up over whether what you are saying is true, and instead giving your full attention to what is required by the audience and the circumstances of the moment, without letting facts get in your way and cramp your style. Obama has mastered that art.

Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe. No message has been more welcomed by the gullible, in countries around the world, than the promise of something for nothing. That is the core of Barack Obama's medical care plan.""
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Joe was right! Obozo should have been the one to stand on the floor and be rebuked for lying!
  4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Notice that he was never admonished for libeling the president, only for the time place and manner he chose...
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Joe did not libel the President, the President was lying!
  6. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Exactly my point...
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

Great post Terry, I had missed that one. ;) :)

I'm fixin to write a letter to stuff in a money begging envelope sent to me by the freshman Congressman Joseph Cao (R) of La.'s 2 Congressional District. Thats 'Cold Cash Jefferson's old seat, New Orleans.

He starts his begging letter by stating that:

"Late last year I became the first Vietnamese-American ever elected to Congress. But the biggest surprise is the fact that I was the first Republican to win this Congressional district in 115 years!"

"Now as a new conservative voice, Democrat leaders in Washington D.C. are Desperate to make me a one-term Republican". :rolleyes:

This clown has voted almost vote for vote with the Democrats.
    His Sept. 16 vote to admonish Joe Wilson sent me over the top. :mad:

This clown was the only Louisiana vote against Wilson (other than our only Democrat Charlie Melancon :rolleyes:) out of 6 Republicans.

His votes will make him a one term rep. and I'll be more than happy to point this out to this fool. :mad:

Art
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

I just finished my letter to the Congress Critter that I spoke of in my previous post.

"Dear Congressman Cao,

I supported your run for Congress and was thrilled that you had won.
    Nowadays I’m starting to see that maybe I need to shift my support.
    It seems that almost every time that I check the votes, your votes are with the Democrats.
    Sept. 16 was the straw that broke the camels back.
    Your vote to admonish Congressman Joe Wilson turned my stomach.
    Joe Wilson’s words were about the only words spoken in the House Chambers
    That night that were not a lie.
    Even President Obama’s story about Otto S. Raddate turn’s out to be very flawed, if not a complete outright lie.
    Maybe there is a reason that you were the only Louisiana Republican to vote
    against Rep. Wilson.
    Don’t bother claiming decorum. That left the house with the treatment of President Bush."

Art
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009