Joel Hunter, Obama's Spiritual Advisor, 'Disappointed'

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by raven818, May 10, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

- The evangelical pastor who President Barack Obama calls his spiritual adviser says he's disappointed in the president's decision to endorse same-sex marriage.

The Rev. Joel Hunter of Florida told The Associated Press that Obama called him before ABC News broadcast the announcement Wednesday.

Hunter says he told the president he disagreed with his interpretation of what the Bible says about marriage. Hunter says the president reassured him he would protect the religious freedom of churches who oppose gay marriage.

Hunter says the announcement makes it harder for him to support Obama, but he will continue to do so.

Hunter is the pastor of the 15,000 member Northland church in the Orlando area. He prays regularly with the president and last February, Michelle Obama visited his church.

http://tinyurl.com/7spnrz6

Totally surprised me that bHo's preacher would show up on Fox and speak against him. He said something to the extent that although bHo is entitled to his opinion, he is absolutely wrong in his interpenetration of the bible verses.

He was not being anti or pro obozo, he said he told him he thought he made a mistake. Duh. Fox asked him if he thought it would hurt or help obozo, all he would is, he thought he made an error. He also said he believed it was a rush judgement caused by biden going on TV and speaking out in favor of gay marriage.

I wonder if bHo will continue to attend his church.
  2. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

I wonder if he EVER attended his church. This useless idiot claims to be a Christian and has no idea, or doesn't care, what the Bible says about being queer. I wonder if he can say "abomination", or has any idea what it means.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Man have the times changed. This wouldn't be brought up by any politician when I was young. These guys will do anything to get a vote.
  4. raven818

Even if he has to get down on his knees. :bleh:
  5. raven818

Just heard on Fox ( Hannity )...obozo is going to be at a concert Monday night with openly gay star Ricky Martin..Coincidence?
  6. mranum

mranum Member

Its one thing to pander to a group and having it look coincidental, but this is just plain sad. He had to get counselled by his daughters? Please. :bleh:

Don't these people know that he doesn't give a rats behind about them? :banghead:
  7. raven818

His folks who were guests multiple times on Fox today say...he will get the votes of our young by coming-out in favor of gays. Really?

I can't make the connection.
  8. mranum

mranum Member

He's trying to do whatever he can to get the college group behind him again. The late teen, early twenty somethings that don't even understand how the world works except that every kind of behavior is to be accepted. i.e. gay, drugs, anarchists, communists, etc.
  9. raven818

What ever he and his are doing, it's working. Nothing is on the news, but him making noise about everything but the economy.

March 12 ( tomorrow ), in Florida, is the last day for those who have been on long-term unemployment. It stops dead.

bHo's next ground shattering news will be about how the unemployment rate is improving. Duh.