1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

John C Freemont...Hero or Hack???

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/20/02 9:11:15 am)
    Reply John C. Fremont .... Hero or hack???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have done some recollecting and also watched some politically correct miniseries on the guy on western channel a few weeks ago.
    Seems to me he married a senators daughter for a press agent and was a fearless self promoter. Grabbed all the credit available and discovered nothing that was that wasnt well known to better men than he. I dont believe that he had that great a record in the civil war. He truly showed his character when he abandoned his men during a vicious winter in the San Juans in SW Colorado. any opinions???
    Wyoming Swede

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/20/02 1:13:34 pm)
    Reply Re: John C. Fremont .... Hero or hack???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Way before my time, Swede -

Can't say I ever met the man to form an opinion!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"