John Wayne Commemorative 94, .32-40 Win

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jack404, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I've a offer to buy one here for $1400

thinking real hard as i think i can turn it over ..

1983 production from the looks Vg condition fired but properly cleaned after not many rounds, the actions very sharp ..

good deal ? ( i dunno lever guns )
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Not a bit. The Winchester Commemoratives will only bring a premium price if they are new-in-box, with the outer sleeve and all paperwork. Without those things, its just a shiny Model 94 worth whatever small premium somebody is willing to pay.

A Winchester collector would not be a buyer. This particular model also had commemorative ammunition.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yep box ammo and all paperwork included ..
  4. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Then it is up to you whether that is a good deal or not. If you can tell it has been fired, so could another prospective buyer. If you are buying it to keep, only you can make the determination if it is a good deal.

If you are buying it for resale, the answer is no.
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

If it's worth 1400 to you get it. I seriously doubt you'll get anywhere near that for it in fired condition.
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Loves my old Win 94 but only because I can shoot it. This is eye candy for a John Wayne memorabilia collector, not a serious shooter.

Just me but I would pass unless I had a sure fire buyer in hand and I could profit from it.

Why do they call me Grumpy?
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

here they sell between $3200 BNIB and last sale i seen was $1200 and it had no box, no commemorative shells and well used

i'm thinking i can turn it over pretty fast adding a hundred and a half ( thats a lot of my income, trading rifles but levers are new to me sorta and why i ask )

i know commemorative issues aint what they used to be , but this one here , well Mr Wayne is highly regarded out here and this sorta thing , while common in the USA is rather rare here

this is just a $$ excercise , sounds crass maybe , but hey i got bills too and in this , maybe a hundred and a half of em will be sorted this way
  8. dcriner

dcriner Member

If it's worth less in the U.S., can you (or anybody, for that matter) buy one here and then ship it there? Are you quoting A$ or US$ (I don't even know the exchange rate)?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

aussie dollar is up on the US at the moment call it even .. the cost to bring anything over a is a couple hundred bucks .. mainly in gov taxes and fee's and they cant be dodged (part of gun control , make guns way expencive )
  10. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

It would pair well with a john wayne saddle
  11. dcriner

dcriner Member

I just noticed this John Wayne ammo on the Western Scrounger: http://ows-ammo.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58_53&products_id=329

My wife's maiden name is Morrison, and her relatives hailed from Winterset, Iowa - She and John Wayne are relatives, perhaps distant. Her father, brothers, and nephews have/had a striking resemblance to John Wayne's features - jaw, eyes, build, etc. That and a dollar or two will get her a cup of coffee.
  12. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Mate, did you end up buying this levergun?
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

No its sold to a big Dollar guy in QLD, $1650 i think it ended up going for :banghead::banghead::banghead:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012