Joined the Nagant Pistol Club

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by MikeH121, Sep 7, 2012.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

Stopped by a local gun shop today. There was a guy in there selling a gun. They said it was not a big seller. People wouldnt be busting down the door to buy it. Not sure what they gave him. He left, I said make me a deal.

75.00 out the door right now. I said okay. Nagant Pistol 1945 Date, still smells like cosmo. Still some in the barrel. :D Guess he never shot it.

That makes 10 guns in 5 months. 8 used. 2 new. And 2 old 12 guage Columbian shotguns a guy gave me. made wall art into one and gave it back. The second I am keeping as art. They were not shootable, unless you are suicidal. His brother got them out of a dumpster after an estate sale.

Gun store guys didn't have any 7.62x38R ammo, I said no prob. He does have Mosin cans.

This gun collecting thing is addicting.
  2. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

That's called being in the right place at the right time. Congrats
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Those 1895 Nagants are neet. Firing pin like a nail, and did you notice the cylinder comes forward as it rotates into battery and locks into place to seal the barrel/cylinder gap just before the firing pin drops..

Oh yeah, and if you have a bit of trouble finding the funky lookin 7.62X38 cartridges it shoots, you can shoot .32 colt from them. course it swells the brass a bit so it wont reload easily. But it is safe to do so.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

nice find
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

$75 is a pretty good price. I bought two back when they were something like $69.95 each or 2 for $64.95 each, and I bought two of them. I think I got them from Century International. I have seen someone selling a replacement cylinder to shoot the .32 ACP in it, but I don't remember who it was.
  6. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

Good find and $75 is a great price. Cheapest I can get them is $89.00
    I've got a couple of them and am thinking about threading one and hanging a can off it.
    Why? why not..... <lol>
  7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Member

Great little plinkers, fun using cast lead for ringing the spinners.
    Very easy to reload for, using .32-20 brass and the Lee die set. Of course, it means no gas sealing, which is okay for me. Nearly as cheap as a .22, as the brass lasts forever at that low pressure. A buddy casts our bullets from scrap lead.
    These guns look funky enough to always get some comments from other range patrons. Good companion for my Mosin rifles too. :cool:
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Thats why you can put a suppressor on it..there is a video on You Tube of it. Very cool.
  9. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

10. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

There are several variations of the Nagant if you ever want to collect them. For example, this M1895 Nagant was made by Nagant in Belgium in 1898. The majority of the early Russian made M1895 revolvers were single action only.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  11. Max Donovan

Max Donovan Member

I have a friend who opened up his cylinder with a 32-20 chamber reamer. He shoots either 32-20 cast bullet .311" pistol ammo or original Russian. I reload the shite box Russian target cases, but it is a pain and I will soon run out of the Berdan primers.
  12. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I'm not in favor of altering these old revolvers with a chamber reamer. Sure, they are cheap and easy to find now but that won't last forever. It's also easy enough to get a set of dies to resize 32-20 brass for the Nagant - and that's much cheaper than buying a chamber reamer.
  13. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I bought mine for $69.95, but that was before you know who got elected and drove all gun prices through the roof. Think they're like $130 online now.

[​IMG]
  14. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

so far I havn't run out of nagant ammo.. but 32 colt.. that seems a bit more rare no?

but safe to shoot?
  15. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

32 S&W Long can shoot through a Nagant, but not too many at any time. The lead particles build up and eventually lock the cylinder. But in a pinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmuTH3I4c8&feature=related