jon hill

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jdelaith, Apr 29, 2006.

1. jdelaith

jdelaith New Member

hill london fine twist

I have a double barrel shotgun and the only markings I can read are jon hill I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it
    it may say jo hill also the barrel has london fine twist on it
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Remove the stock on the underside of the barrels should be the proof house marks.
    There will be some other numbers that will tell the ga.
    If it's a double look at the rib is it solderd or brazed on????
  3. jdelaith

jdelaith New Member

it has a 13 on each barrel and it looks like a hamer and pick crossed on each side of the 13
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Appears to be english with a bore of .710

The the Jo Hill would probably be the maker but could have been made anywhere as the barrels were often exported and the gun completed by the smith else where.

Lots of this history around that no one will ever know the complete story on.
    A good number of guns made in early America were made by the village blacksmith perhaps Jo Hill was one
  5. jdelaith

jdelaith New Member

Thanks for the help