1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Jonathan Browning Moutain Rifle BN Value

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by 200ohio, Feb 15, 2011.

1. 200ohio

200ohio New Member

Im new to this forum and was wondering what the value of a new Browning Moutain Rifle is. It is new, in original presentaion case with everything including receipt 50 caliber, iron hardware,and silver, number 286 of a 1000 never fired been in safe for a long time never fired.Thanks in advance.
  2. sewerman

sewerman New Member

you can probably go to a book store pick up a gun digest, a paper back looks like the size of an old sears & robuck catalog.

this book lists most everything made & sold in the U.S. and would list the current prices.

the rifle has a good reputation & following. i have seen the regular rifles sell from 400-800 on the auction sights.

you could check feed back from historical trekking, & frontierfolks web sites , also traditionamuzzleloaders.com may give you some idea on worth.

in your case a collector sounds the best bet for top dollar sale.

god luck

S.M.
  3. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

I saw one of these at the Ogden Utah gun show Sunday. The asking price was $1,200. The standard JBMs run around $600 to $700. The JBMs are very common in this area so our prices maybe lower. Don't know.

RC
  4. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I may be interested. PM if you want to talk.
    Chip
  5. RocklockI

RocklockI New Member

Those Brownings were always a notch above . I haven't heard of one in a Presentation Case .

Never fired ? I would guess near at least 800 bucks .