Jonathan Browning Moutain Rifle BN Value

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by 200ohio, Feb 15, 2011.

1. 200ohio

200ohio New Member

Im new to this forum and was wondering what the value of a new Browning Moutain Rifle is. It is new, in original presentaion case with everything including receipt 50 caliber, iron hardware,and silver, number 286 of a 1000 never fired been in safe for a long time never fired.Thanks in advance.
  2. sewerman

sewerman New Member

you can probably go to a book store pick up a gun digest, a paper back looks like the size of an old sears & robuck catalog.

this book lists most everything made & sold in the U.S. and would list the current prices.

the rifle has a good reputation & following. i have seen the regular rifles sell from 400-800 on the auction sights.

you could check feed back from historical trekking, & frontierfolks web sites , also traditionamuzzleloaders.com may give you some idea on worth.

in your case a collector sounds the best bet for top dollar sale.

god luck

S.M.
  3. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

I saw one of these at the Ogden Utah gun show Sunday. The asking price was $1,200. The standard JBMs run around $600 to $700. The JBMs are very common in this area so our prices maybe lower. Don't know.

RC
  4. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I may be interested. PM if you want to talk.
    Chip
  5. RocklockI

RocklockI New Member

Those Brownings were always a notch above . I haven't heard of one in a Presentation Case .

Never fired ? I would guess near at least 800 bucks .