JP Sauer shotgun boxlock model 14

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jdufrene, Jun 19, 2011.

1. jdufrene

jdufrene New Member

Could you please give some info and value of my Sauer shotgun. I am more interested in knowing the date of manufacture and any accurate info regarding this shotgun and whether it is worth $200 or $1200.
    Double barrell 12 ga
    Number on rear of trigger guard 128849
    letters and numbers around screw on left and right side DROM 130243
    rt barrell krupp-essen
    lt barrell fluss-stahl
    the gun is in working condition but shows some wear. The bluing on the barrell is 85-90%. the frame shows a lot of pitting. I was told it is a Boxlock model XIV.
    It was sent to the US by my father during World War II. He was in the US Army.
    Someone on a post from Shotgunworld told me the gun was made around 1905 based on the DROM number. I had it appraised on ********* and was told the gun was made in the 1940's.
    I would like to clear up the misinformation
    thank you for your help.

Attached Files: