1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

JP Sauer shotgun boxlock model 14

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jdufrene, Jun 19, 2011.

1. jdufrene

jdufrene New Member

Could you please give some info and value of my Sauer shotgun. I am more interested in knowing the date of manufacture and any accurate info regarding this shotgun and whether it is worth $200 or $1200.
    Double barrell 12 ga
    Number on rear of trigger guard 128849
    letters and numbers around screw on left and right side DROM 130243
    rt barrell krupp-essen
    lt barrell fluss-stahl
    the gun is in working condition but shows some wear. The bluing on the barrell is 85-90%. the frame shows a lot of pitting. I was told it is a Boxlock model XIV.
    It was sent to the US by my father during World War II. He was in the US Army.
    Someone on a post from Shotgunworld told me the gun was made around 1905 based on the DROM number. I had it appraised on ********* and was told the gun was made in the 1940's.
    I would like to clear up the misinformation
    thank you for your help.

Attached Files: