Judge Orders Mom To Cut-Off Daughters Ponytail

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by raven818, Jun 24, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

PRICE, Utah – A Utah judge told the mother of a 13-year-old girl who chopped off a toddler's long hair in a restaurant that he would reduce her daughter's sentence if she cut off the teenager's own ponytail in court.

District Juvenile Judge Scott Johansen gave Valerie Bruno the option to either cut off her daughter Kaytlen Lopan's long hair "right now" with courtroom scissors or have the teen spend an extra 150 hours in detention as punishment for hacking off the locks of a 3-year-old girl she befriended in a McDonald's in Price.

Bruno opted for the haircut but later expressed her anger over the judgment and said that she had filed an official complaint against the judge.

"She definitely needed to be punished for what had happened," she told the Deseret News. "But I never dreamt it would be that much of a punishment."

Mindy Moss, the mother of the 3-year-old girl, supported the decision and even was asked by the judge if she was satisfied with the length Bruno initially cut off her daughter's blonde hair in court.

"No," Moss replied. "My daughter's hair that had never been cut, that was down to [the middle of her back], was cut up to here [her jaw]."

Johansen then ordered Bruno to "take it off clear up to the rubber band."

On the day of the attack, Kaytlen and an unnamed 11-year-old female friend spoke to the girl in McDonald's, then asked a server there if they could borrow a pair of scissors. When their request was refused, the youngsters went to a nearby dollar shop to buy a pair and returned to the restaurant to carry out the act.

At an earlier hearing, Johansen ordered the 11-year-old girl to have her hair cut as short as his but allowed the child to have the haircut in a salon.

Bruno added, "I guess I should have went into the courtroom knowing my rights because I felt very intimidated. An eye for an eye, that's not how you teach kids right from wrong."

Kaytlen also admitted to charges in another case rising from eight months of phone calls she made to a Colorado teen that included threats of rape and mutilation.
    -----------------------------------

Kids, ya gotta love the lil rascals. :eek:

http://tinyurl.com/7ccbhhz
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Hmm, creative sentencing that causes no real harm, (hair grows back, and there is no pain involved), AND the legal guardian of the child agrees to it in open court. POSSIBLE 8th Amendment case, but I doubt it will go far.
    Why the heck did this little unspanked hellion dare to take a sharp metal object to the head of a 3 year old in a public place? Where was Mom, and what did she do at the time of this assault?
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Do? :lmao:

Now, you know it's necessary to talk to the child. Anything else you do to get their attention, will result in your arrest, or being beaten half to death by a crowd of PC folks. Child is taken away, and you never see them again. :eek:

Yes, the brat should have been taught before hand. But kids now days are told at school, while very young, to tell someone if their parents spank them for anything, or put them to bed w/o supper ( like me ).

Kid throws a temper tantrum, you try to correct them, and the kid says, if you touch me, I'll call the police. It's happening all over. And we sit back and wonder what's going on with society.

I got my azz whipped, a lot. I haven't killed 99 people because of it. I just didn't do it again.

The family, as most of us know it, is ceasing to exist. :(
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. TCoggins

TCoggins Member

I agree 100% with the "punishment". When my kids were younger (they are now 16 and 13), my daughter cut her younger brother's hair. I told her if she ever did it again, she would have her head shaved, and I don't bluff. She never cut her brother's hair again.

As far as calling the police if I punished them, there are times that I threatened to take them to the police station for their behavior. A couple times, we were in the parking lot oif the state police post.

I for one am tired of all the PC crap. Sometimes a kid needs a good azz whipping. I'm not talking about a beating, just enough to get their attention.

Rant off.

Tim
  5. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I think they should have shaved her hair like they do to guys in boot camp.
  6. Blurr

Blurr Former Guest

While I am ok with the "punishment" something like this never should have ever made it to court.
    It sets a very dangerous precedent when the state is charged with even deciding the discipline of our Children.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Raven818 I still spank my kids.
    just this morning two of mine got swated on the butt.
    They thought it would be fun and ok to rip out the windo screen and chuck batterys and books at ther sisters out side.
    they now know it is not ok.