1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Jukar Spain .45Cal black powder pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tgundy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tgundy

tgundy New Member

Hello. I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about this old gun my sister gave me. the wood has some nicks and appears to have been refinished. i was looking for some similar pics on the web and found one entitled: black powder pistol . 9 1/4 " barrel. .45cal. Rifled bore. Jukar Made in Spain. to be very similar the only diffeence is the wood extends to the end of the barrel on mine.The barrel is 8 sided and the etchings on this gun are:
    "BLACK POWDER ONLY" (on top of the barrel)
    and
    "JUKAR 0047291 SPAIN" (on the side of the barrel.)

anything you could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
    I want to give it to my husband as a birthday gift and want to impress him with my vast knowledge of the piece....lol .. yeah right! but seriously it would be really cool if the gun had a cool ass story behind it. My husband loves old weapons.

Thanks!:p
  2. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

That is a reproduction, purchased as a kit or a finished gun, possibly boxed as one of several brands. They were very popular in the 1970s and 1980s.

So it's no antique, but it's probably a shootable replica.
  3. tgundy

tgundy New Member

oh... lol...bummer.. there went my story:eek:.. oh well im sure he will enjoy it..it could have been a tie or something.:eek: Thanks so much for your reply.
    Im gonna tell him about this forum. I think he would enjoy it.:)
  4. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

I got a tie for my birthday last month.
    I'd rather had that pistol ;)