Jukar Spain .45Cal black powder pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tgundy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tgundy

tgundy New Member

Hello. I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about this old gun my sister gave me. the wood has some nicks and appears to have been refinished. i was looking for some similar pics on the web and found one entitled: black powder pistol . 9 1/4 " barrel. .45cal. Rifled bore. Jukar Made in Spain. to be very similar the only diffeence is the wood extends to the end of the barrel on mine.The barrel is 8 sided and the etchings on this gun are:
    "BLACK POWDER ONLY" (on top of the barrel)
    and
    "JUKAR 0047291 SPAIN" (on the side of the barrel.)

anything you could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
    I want to give it to my husband as a birthday gift and want to impress him with my vast knowledge of the piece....lol .. yeah right! but seriously it would be really cool if the gun had a cool ass story behind it. My husband loves old weapons.

Thanks!:p
  2. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

That is a reproduction, purchased as a kit or a finished gun, possibly boxed as one of several brands. They were very popular in the 1970s and 1980s.

So it's no antique, but it's probably a shootable replica.
  3. tgundy

tgundy New Member

oh... lol...bummer.. there went my story:eek:.. oh well im sure he will enjoy it..it could have been a tie or something.:eek: Thanks so much for your reply.
    Im gonna tell him about this forum. I think he would enjoy it.:)
  4. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

I got a tie for my birthday last month.
    I'd rather had that pistol ;)