jukar spain

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mac04h, May 2, 2012.

1. mac04h

mac04h New Member

Hi! I'm trying to find out how much one of my father's old guns is worth. I've read in a couple other posts that if it says black powder only its a replica well mine doesn't say that. All it has is Jukar Spain and 0003418. The metal is a little rusted and the wood has some scratches. I've also been told the sight isn't straight. Other than that I don't know anything about this gun and any information would be helpful. Thank you.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The gun is modern. I can't really call those guns replicas or reproductions since they are not copies of old guns, just modern muzzle loaders. "Jukar" is a surname, presumably that of the person who owns the company. The guns have been imported by several companies, and sold in the low to medium price range. The value of a used one is quite low, typically $50 - $100.

Jim
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, but it's still a replica, dating from ca. 1970s. Genuine antique Spanish muzzleloaders weren't marked "Spain" in English and didn't have serial numbers.
  4. Ken W

Ken W Member

Does it look anything like the one in the picture below, Mac? Just as Jim and HRF stated, it's a fairly modern, inexpensive muzzle loading pistol, more than likely, in .45 cal. They're fun little toys and not bad quality either but certainly nothing elaborate or venerable. Clean it up and have some fun with it.

Attached Files:

5. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I have one, a kit, that I bought in the 70s --CVA "replica" of the Tower pistol. Doesn't look anythng liike one, barrel is marked Jukar. I think I paid $49 for it. Fun to shoot, accurate once I put home-made sights on it. I'd put the value on yours at $100-$125.