Jury Duty

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by Diamondback, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

A prospective juror in a Dallas District Court was surprised by the definition of voluntary manslaughter given the panel: "An intentional killing that occurs while the defendant is under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause, such as when a spouse's mate is found in a 'compromising position.'"

"See, I have a problem with that passion business," responded the jury candidate. "During my first marriage, I came in and found my husband in bed with my neighbor. All I did was divorce him. I had no idea that I could have shot him." She wasn't selected for the jury.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Funny! I got out of jury duty once in a murder trial. I was asked how I felt about capital punishment, and I said that people that commit murder should be fried, and that a lot of the folks in prision for other crimes should be fried right along side the murders. I wasn't selected!
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i got the summons for jury duty in the mail once, but the trial was canceled. i was actually looking forward to serving in a jury; i wanted to do my civic duty as well as learn more about how the System works. ah, well, maybe next time:(