Just A Little Inconvenience

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Photo Album' started by Guest, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

SixTGunr
    (3/23/02 3:24:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Just A Little Inconvenience
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imagine yourself staring out from the confines of your sandbagged bunker at such a beautiful view of the land. Your mind drifts back to "The World" and all that you have left behind momentarily and hopefully ... just maybe ... some day you will be fortunate enough to return to "all the good things" you surely can't get here. WHAM! Time to wake up and get serious!

Pic taken from one level of the Nong Son mountain which was our farthest southern outpost along the river. The Nong Son area was famous for it was (to the best of my knowledge) the only location in South Vietnam where coal was found to be in abundance. Needles to say ... Charlie was always trying to take it away from us. Beau coup fightin' went on in this particular area. Approximately 40 miles south of DaNang and controled by the 5TH Marine Regiment (most of the time).
    [​IMG]
    "What more can I say ..... I was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/23/02 7:25:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Just A Little Inconvenience
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Six,

Great picture, do you know what type of ordnance
    hit that spot?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

SixTGunr
    (3/23/02 7:51:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Just A Little Inconvenience
    To be honest Tac I saw sooooo much of this stuff that I don't recall whether it was incoming or our stuff from an F4 in this particular photo. I was up there at this time but I did not snap the pic as it was done by another member of our company. We used to do a month at a time rotating companies between our base camp, this place and Liberty Bridge to the North. Involved in and observed so much that my head ain't on straight all the time. Sorry!

"What more can I say ..... I was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/23/02 8:09:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Just A Little Inconvenience
    No prpb Six, exellent photo!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (3/25/02 6:54:26 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Just A Little Inconvenience
    Great shot Gunner--JD asked for ID on the type ordinance---just a casual, non-expert guess I would go for naphalm (sp). It looks like a fluid flow at the base of the mushroom---you mentioned delivery by a Phanton.
    Talk about 'raining on somebodys parade'!!!! wilborn