Just another little Thank you

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

sherry
    (1/28/02 11:36:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Just another little Thank you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As I was watching a progam Sunday on the History channel about Vietnam I started wondering about the people that fought the war..Where were they ?what are their stories? What are thier lives like now so many years later? I decided that I would look on the internet and see if I could find any thing out.I stumbled on to this place by accident but I am so glad I have..Never have I been so affected by anything as I have by your stories. This morning I started reading the posts within minutes I was crying...then I was laughing then cryiing agian.I want to say thank you for sharing yourself with me just for a little while, letting me know what you were thinking at the time and now..Thank you for your courage and your bravery and Thank you for fighting for your country even if you didn't understand all the time what you were fighting for...I salute you all.
    Sherry

hope6970
    (1/29/02 1:05:14 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Just another little Thank you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sherry,

Let me be the first one to Welcome you to this board and to reply back to you with a Thank You.

Thank you Sherry for taking the time to to come here and tell us your heart felt feelings. We do appreciate it very much and you make us as proud as can be by your kind words.

Remember, you do not have to be a vet to be here with us. If you would like to stay around and get to know us a bit more, then we would be more then honored to have you join us. There is one thing that we like to do and that is to be able to tell the younger generation about what that war was all about and also to get your perspective on it.

We will be looking forward to seeing you. - Hope

berto64
    (1/29/02 1:55:07 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Just another little Thank you
    Thank you ma,am.
    It was very nice to hear your observations and feelings.
    We try to laugh more than cry. Hope you stick around and get to know us better.
    What part of the world are you located in at this point in time?....(where ya'll from?)

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

sherry
    (1/29/02 8:36:46 am)
    Thank you for asking Berto, I am from West Virginia.What about you what part of the world do you live in?
    Sherry

berto64
    (1/29/02 11:26:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Sherry, I'm in SW Idaho on the Snake River.
    There is a possibility that this topic may moved to general discussion, if so please do not be offended. It's just that it may be a more appropiate forum for the way this topic is going. We still welcome you to our little corner in the ether and are very glad you joined us.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

SixTGunr
    (1/29/02 1:26:11 pm)
    Thank You so very much for your kind words Sherry. It's very comforting to know that there are others out there like you who take the time to keep us in your thoughts. Your post has been the highlight of my day and brought a smile to my face and once again I say "Thank You". Welcome aboard and hope to see you around here often. Have a great day! Six

Rick
    RVN '67-'68
    Machine Gunner USMC
    Hue City Shootout Participant
    Combat Wounded

"It's a whole other ballgame when the target is shootin' back"

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/29/02 5:35:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Welcome Aboard Sherry!

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

GRUNT
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/30/02 12:31:26 am)
    Sherry

The Price Of Freedom Is Written On The Wall

sherry
    (1/30/02 10:06:26 am)
    Hello agian just let me say first Thank you all again for welcoming me.. Berto please move this to wherever it is appropriate I'm sure I will learn my way around here eventually, and Wilborn I live 30 miles south of Clarksburg and 45 from Salem.
    You all have a great day!
    Sherry

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/30/02 10:23:02 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    It's ok folks, we can leave the thread here!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Winter11
    (1/30/02 12:36:09 pm)
    Hey Sherry!

Welcome to the board! I'm Christine (Winter)... not a vet, I'm only 25, but eternally grateful, as you've also pointed out, to their bravery and their sacrifices. I've been a lucky member here for a few months and I've gotten quite attached to the people here... they're all great!

So, get cozy - you're gonna laugh, cry, and learn a lot here....

Always Faithful

hope6970
    (1/30/02 4:22:46 pm)
    yes, I believe Winter is our youngest member here. We have to keep a close eye on her. She has one foot on the banana peel that seems to slide very close to the jailhouse door and we have to keep pulling her back at times. Other then that, lol - lol, we do enjoy her very much. - Hope

sherry
    (1/31/02 1:47:13 pm)
    It's nice to meet you Winter !
    Hope you have a great day!
    Sherry

sherry
    (1/31/02 9:52:19 pm)
    Hi Wilborn, Thank you for pointing your stories out to me...I had not seen them yet, I will probably spend the rest of the night reading them.I will read the one that you mentioned to me first. Thanks again and Have a good night,
    Sherry

BARTAL
    (3/10/02 10:47:47 am)
    Sherry, thank you for sharing you thougths and thank you for not forgetting the Vets. Many years have past since that time when not many Americans thought we should be there at all. Even now all these years later most would say we should have never gone over and fought in that place. Thanks again for just coming here and posting. I have not been around this old place much lately but it sure feels good to see someone like you come in and remind us what it's all about. Memories bad and good. We never got a parade, but seeing your post is like having a small part of one.

Welcome aboard girl............................

Peace....Barry

sherry
    (3/10/02 9:26:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del re:another thank you
    Thank you Barry, it's very nice to meet you,
    Sherry