just back from shooting...AWESOME!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

1badmagnum
    (11/27/02 11:57:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All just back from shooting...AWESOME!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my rounds I loaded last night with starline brass,cci 350 primers,30 grains of hodgdon 4227 powder and speer 325 grain bullets were much more accurate and a little less potent than the speer gold dots.after firing the first round of my desert eagle 50 ae with speer,I stood there shaking for a good 5 minutes.the sound and muzzle blast were just awesome.3 rounds of the speer didnt really fit correctly in the magazine and wouldnt chamber,can I get a replacement of these rounds?
    my rounds chambered correctly,extracted correctly,and the once fired shells look good.
    hats off to magnum research on a fine piece of work !

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/28/02 9:24:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: just back from shooting...AWESOME!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glad you had a good shoot, I'd say contact Speer and
    let them know of the problem with the three rounds,
    I think they will do the right thing, as they seem to
    have a good rep over the years.

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

1badmagnum
    (11/29/02 12:41:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: just back from shooting...AWESOME!
    thanks for the reply,after shooting my handloads,and feeling more comfortable with them,I think I'll be mostly shooting my own rounds anyway.the wall thickness must be too big on the rounds,the lengh is ok,but they now have extraction marks and dents in the cases.

Shootist3006
    (11/30/02 1:24:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: just back from shooting...AWESOME!
    I notice that while you mention sound, muzzle blast and feeding, you fail to talk about accuracy! How were they?

Semper Fi

1badmagnum
    (11/30/02 6:33:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del all my shots hit the target lol
    at the range I was alot more accurate with my handloads.the hodgdon 4227 I used was less violent than the factory speer gold dots.
    it was easier to shoot well.
    outdoors, I was hitting pop cans at 50 yards with no problem with both handloads and speer.outdoors the factory ammo was just fine.guess at the shooting range,the muzzle blast bouncing around sound had some kinda affect on my concentration.I'm going to try some handloads with ww 296 next,I'll let you guys know how it works out