Just bought new car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VegasTech702, Jan 7, 2007.

1. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

Well friends, I finally bought a new vehicle. I have been driving an 82' chevy truck that has seen more miles than two vehicles usually see for the last four years. I have never financed a vehicle before so I got ripped off on the financing. I bought an 07' Chevy Aveo sedan. I bought it due to the fact that my truck as been acting up and I cannot be late or miss work. In addition my truck was getting about 9 miles per gallon versus the Aveo getting 37 on the highway. I really like the car so far, it came with a great warranty that is transferable to the new owner if I sell it, that helps the depreciation level off better than most.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Congrats on your new purchase! Got any pics?
  3. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

pics!! pics!! pics!! :D :D

CONGRATS on your new purchase vegastech!:)
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

85 K20 guy over here. Army green, 35" BFGs, detroit lockers, bored out 350,

Gallons per mile was it Vegas? As you see, I can relate. But you didn't get rid of it did ya? I hope not, but good job on something that gets more than 12 gallons per mile.
  5. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

Here are the pix as requested:

Before: 1982 Chevrolet c10 "Heavy Half" 350ci 5.7 9mpg TH350 trans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan 1.6L 4cyl 5spd 37mpg highway. 6Year/100,000mi warranty, 45K bumber to bumper
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think? I think it is a big improvement. I drove and fixed the truck for 4 years. I ended up sinking $5,000 in it. I am selling it for 1,800 OBO runinng w/ac power steering, power door locks, too many parts to list next week in the paper. I cannot afford two vehicles, Insurance down here in Vegas for a 20 year old single male is rediculous. I am going to use the proceeds to go towards my full coverage 6 month insurance premium on the new car.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I think you did well, Vegas. Nice looking ride!!
  7. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

thanks, It runs real well and the ride is comfortable. Plus the peace of mind of never having to work on it and hurt my back.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

That truck is old enough that it would be harder to find parts for. I'm thinking about buying a mid 90's chevy and fixing her up.

You Aveo is a nice looking little car. You'll get spoiled by that good gas mileage real quick. :D Do you have anti lock breaks? You'd be amazed at how usefull they can be on ice. We had ice a while back and i found out just how well mine worked. They're fantastic to have!!!!

I noticed you picked white... that will keep you much cooler in the summer!!!!!

Congrats on your stepping up in the world. New cars are great. You get in them and they go without any effort...no fixing nothing....just BS free driving. You will become accustomed to it quickly. AND it WILL save you money in the long run...Gas, Work attendance, less stress, etc etc etc

mike
    gn
  9. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

Actually, I never had any problems finding parts for mine. They were usually quite cheap. The big advantage of getting the newer ones is that they are a more simple under the hood as far as emission controls, and are TBI throttle body Fuel Injected. Inherently, they tend to get better mileage and power. Mine was only getting about 9mpg.

This one did not have ABS, I don't really need it out here in the desert as much as the colder climates. It would have been a plus, but wasn't a deal breaker for me. I downshift to slow my vehicle when it is standard. As far as white goes, It was better than the other ones they had that mostly consisted of yellow <pukes>.
  10. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:) Nice! I always get a white car. They actually hide the dust much better than a dark car :D
  11. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Vegas you can't mount no 50bmg on that little thing
    Just joking congrats on the car and your a lucky man to have 37 MPG
  12. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

A thirty could be mounted
  13. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

I tried to get the sun roof so I could have a shooter and a mounted machine gun, but it was slightly too expensive.
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

VERY NICE vegastech!!:) & ya know, white cars have a better resale value than any other color out there!!;) that should help you out down the road.:)