Just dropped in

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Admin, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Rick from Mich
    (8/6/02 6:20:54 pm)
    Just dropped in
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I served with 3rd Battalion 7th Marines about 25 miles south of DaNang in an areas we called Arizona, Dodge City, Charlie Ridge, Liberty Bridge from July of 1967 till April of 68. I'm glad I bumped into this web sight.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/6/02 9:47:55 pm)

Re: Just dropped in
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Rich, and I mean that, we need more of you
    folks on this site, I hope you will continue on board
    with us!

Thanks you and welcome!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (8/6/02 10:36:10 pm)

Rick, very nice to meet you.

Drop down by the Cafe in the General Forum and say hi! Think you'll find a few other vets who'll love talking with you (which isn't to say that us non vets who visit here won't enjoy conversation as well).

Again, glad to see you and please visit often!

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (8/6/02 11:22:23 pm)

Rick,
    My heartiest greeting goes out to you!
    WELCOME HOME! Pull up a stool and get comfy.

berto64

Endeaver to Persevere

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (8/7/02 6:43:33 am)
    Rick, it's nice that you stopped by for a visit---those operations you mentioned in your intro are not new for me--even though I was not with the Marines, I recall those were mentioned at intel briefs I would attend at DongHa and later next tour in DaNang--I was enlisted with the navy Seabees---you recall us big footed, hairy-legged bastards don't you---steal anything not tied down (or welded down)--anyway welcome aboard---you will meet some nice folks here---thing is just don't get in a card game or toss the dice with them---always count your money along with your blessings that they are on your side. BTW, I was up at that R&R center in DongHa when Sixty Gunner was raising hell down in Hue City---smelling the Perfume River---attending church services somewhere inside the Citidel. Wilborn

ruffitt
    *VMBB Staff*
    (8/7/02 2:26:04 pm)

Rick -

Welcome welcome to the VMBB. Hope you become a regular here and enjoy the forum an the people who post here.

Although I'm not a Marine, I offer you this -

RuffItt

Edited by: ruffitt at: 8/7/02 3:34:26 pm

Rick from Mich
    (8/7/02 5:12:40 pm)
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I can't believe that I just bumped into this sight by accident two days ago. I have many stories to share but have always had to keep them to myself. Not because I didn't want to talk, more because those around me really didn't want to hear my war stories.My problem will be finding a way to spit them out in writing, but I will try soon. Got anything in particular you want to hear about? Hers my stats:

Corporal, USMC
    3rd Battalion 7th Marines
    Arrived Vietnam 7-4-67
    left Vietnam 4-10-68 on a medevac chopper after tripping an enemy explosive device while attached to Mike company as a forward air control team leader during operation "Jasper Square"

1 Purple heart
    1 Bronze Star w/combat V

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 2:19:41 pm)
    Hiya Rick ...

First of all Brother ... "Welcome Home"!

Talk about a coincidence now .....

I arrived In Country right about the same time as you and our outfit was just south of you with Liberty Bridge being one of our northern outposts. Did my fair share of humpin' the Arizona as well sir ...

Golf Company
    2nd Battalion 5th Marine Regiment
    AnHoa .. Nong Son .. Liberty Bridge .. Phu Loc .. Antenna Valley .. Hue City ('68 TET)
    Machine Gunner
    3 Hearts

They call me SixTGunr and my name is Rick as well. Sure glad ya found us here sir and hope to see much of you around. If yer a wantin' to spit anything out ... Let 'er rip cause we're here for ya. Theres some great folks here for sure. Some vets .. some civies but all great folks no matter which way ya go. If yer just wantin' ta listen thats fine too and jump in whenever ya feel comfortable.

"Damn glad to have ya here Brother"

"SEMPER FI"

Six Out!

"HUE CITY SHOOTOUT PARTICIPANT ..... RVN '68 TET OFFENSIVE"

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/8/02 4:06:06 pm)

Ditto what Six said!:D
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

sherry748
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/12/02 3:02:34 pm)
    Hi Rick,
    Welcome!
    I have learned a lot from the people here and look forward to reading and learning from your memories and stories.

Sherry

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/12/02 3:58:07 pm)
    OH MAN... TWO Marines.... TWO Rick's.... what's a girl to do!!! ;)

Seriously, I'm Christine... just 25 - not a vet - but I've been a part of this family for a while and cherish each one of 'em!!

I'd like to welcome you to the board, to the family... and... most of all... Welcome Home!

As everyone mentioned, this is a place to share your stories, your feelings, etc. No one's gonna rush you or judge you so feel free to open your heart and mind as you see fit.

Again, welcome... glad you found the place!!!! :)

OH... the flag at the bottom... my boyfriend, Nick, is a Marine... it's just my way of showin' support - ya know! :)