JUST FELT LIKE SHARING..........

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by rooter, Jul 7, 2010.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    IF ANYONE, ESPECIALLY ANYONE WHO IS A SENIOR, SAYS CARING FOR A YOUNG CHILD IS A PIECE OF CAKE, OR WHATEVER OTHER CARELESS EXPRESSION THEY TOSS OUT THERE, HE PROBABLY HAS CAKE FOR A BRAIN AND COTTAGE CHEESE FOR A HEART...THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE TO RECALL CARING FOR A YOUNG CHILD, WITH ALL OF IT'S ASSOCIATED JOYS AND HARD LABOR, THAN TO ONCE AGAIN DO IT YOURSELF...ON THE PROD CONSTANTLY...VIGILANT FOR POTENTIAL HARMFUL EVENTS OR HURTFUL OCCASIONS AND SO QUICKLY BEING OVERWHELMED WITH THE JOY OF THE YOUNGSTER EMITTING A GURGLE THAT MAY SOUND LIKE GRANDPA, OR HEAVEN FORBID, THANK YOU. HIS NAME IS CHASE ALEXANDER WILBORN, THE GREAT-GRANDSON AND HE COMES WITH THE PEDIGREED CROOKED LIP THAT USED TO TURN AND GRAB THE GALS ATTENTION...BUT, NOT YET ON THAT...GIVE HIM 15 YEARS FOR HE'S NOT YET 2 YEARS OLD...CHASE'S DADDY, BRYAN, IS AN ARMY ENLISTEE IN GEORGIA TAKING HIS BASIC TRAINING....TODAY IS HIS GRADUATION FROM THAT TRAINING SO CHASE'S MOM MELODY WANTED TO ATTEND THE CEREMONIES AS SHE IS FORMER ARMY HERSELF..WE SAID SURE, WE'LL TAKE CARE OF CHASE AND YOU GO CELEBRATE WITH BRYAN. THE TASK IS TO BE DIVIDIED UP BETWEEN BRYAN'S DAD AND FRIEND TERESA AND US, THE 'OLD FOLKS' AT HOME...WELL, MELODY HAD A VERY EARLY FLIGHT OUT YESTERDAY MORNING SO SHE STAYED THE NIGHT HERE AND WE HAD OUR FIRST 'BABY SITTING SESSION IN MORE THAN 30 YEARS...I WON'T BEGIN TO TELL YOU IT ALL, BUT IT WAS TRYING...NO, BETTER WORD, SHOCKING...! WE MADE IT BY DIVIDING THAT LONG, LONG NIGHT UP AND COME DAYBREAK THE LAD WAS SLEEPING IN, AIMED FOR 9 O'CLOCK I GUESS...WELL, GRANDPA AND GRANDMA WASN'T GONNA HAVE ANY OF THE LOYYIGAGGING IN DAYLIGHT HOURS SO I ROUSED THE SLEEPING PRINCE WITH PANCAKES AND SAUSAGE...LATER A BATH AND FRESH CLOTHING...I ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO GO TO HOME DEPOT WITH ME AND SUPPOSEDLY HE UNDERSTOOD FOR HE HEADED FOR THE DOOR, SUNGLASSES AND FRESH COMBED HAIR...MY OLD FRIENDS AT HOME DEPOT GREETED US AND INQUIRED ABOUT THE 'HOLLYWOOD LOOKING KID' WITH THE SUN GLASSES....I TOLD THEM FLIPPLANTLY THAT HE WAS THERE, SUBMITTING HIS RESUME....OLD AL BARNES, THE INVENTORY GUY AT THE 'DEPOT FASHIONED HIM A RED, WHITE, AND BLUE BALLOON FROM THE LEFT OVERS OF THE 4TH OF JULY...HE ATTACHED IT TO CHASE'S WRIST SO EVERY WHERE WE ROAMED IN THE STORE WE COULD BE SPOTTED BY THE COLORFUL, BOUNCING BALLOONS! LATER, COME HOME TO MORE ACTIVITIES WITH THREATS FROM GRANDMA NOT TO FEED THE KID ANY MORE SWEETS....HE WAS SO HYPER HE COULDN'T SIT ON HER LAP AND WATCH SPONGE BOB AND SQUARE PANTS...HE LEFT WITH TERESA ABOUT 5PM FOR THE NIGHT...HE'LL RETURN THIS MORNING ABOUT 7:30...SOMETIME TODAY HE AND I ARE GOING TO GO OVER THE FENCE AND DINE AT MACDONALDS ON LOW-CAL HI-NRG FRENCH FRIES AND A MILK SHAKE...CHANCES ARE THAT MAY NOT 'WIRE' HIM LIKE THE SUGARY DONUTS AND COOKIES..MORE OF A 'ZIT' CAUSED BY THE GREASY FRIES....STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER ADVENTURES .....BTW, YOU 'OLD FOLKS'---IF IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE YOU CHANGED A SOILED DIAPER, THOSE NEW-FANGLED DIAPERS ARE A SCIENCE UNTO THEMSELVES, BUT THAT OLD AROMA STILL WATERS THE EYES AND CAUSES THAT BITTER TASTE BACK THERE ------STOP IT JOHN, SOON THESE DESERVING SENIORS WILL HAVE MADE UP THEIR MINDS NOT TO EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF 'KID SITTING'....HEAVEN FORBID....THAT'S MORE ALARMING THAN HAVING NO TISSUE AT THE GAS STATION TOILET!!!!! IT'S A HELL'VA GOOD LIFE, AIN'T IT???? Chief
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Come on Old Timer, you know you love it! And it's only temporary! Got my first Grand Son last month, he makes three for me now, but the Grand Daughters are almost grown, 17 & 15. Quill Bradey Bryant is his name, and I have already bought him his first fishing pole!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010