Just finished restoring my Remington 500-1 - pics

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by larrye44, Dec 26, 2010.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i can't see pictures of larre gun?
  2. larrye44

larrye44 New Member

Beth, they are in post #13. A Remington 514 and also two photos of a camo stock I did. Larry
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  3. boutaswell

boutaswell New Member

Very nice Larry. And I must say, I am envious. I have very fond memories of this rifle from when I was a teen. My uncle had one (I lived with my Aunt & Uncle from knee high to Army time) but never used it so I "adopted" it for hunting squirrel. Never had a scope, iron sights only and it was very accurate. If a squirrel peaked around a tree trunk or over a limb, he was done. Course, where I lived, still hunting was best so most shots were within 50 yds. Anyhow, I saw a used one just last weekend at a gun shop. They buy enmasse from auctions. They wanted $175 which I thought was kinda high considering the shape. Metal look ok overall with rust here and there. Stock and forearm were really beat to hell and it was filthy. Hadn't been cleaned in years I guess. (store doesn't clean their auction buys). Come payday, I'm gonna try and get them to lower their price a bit. Enough of this run off at the typing finger reply. Have fun with your jewel.

Richard Miller
  4. boutaswell

boutaswell New Member

Re: Just finished restoring my Remington 550-1 - pics

Awesome pistol box Larry. Definitely makes mine look like amateur work (which it is). Not only do you have a .22 I'm envious of but now you're gonna make have to go back to the workshop and try and build a better range box. I was already thinking about finger joints when I finally got around to the next one. Wow!!! is all I gotta say.