Just found this board

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Arkie55
    (10/8/02 9:32:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Just found this board
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wanted to drop in and say you guys have a real nice discussion forum going here. I visit several forums and just found this one (at least I think its the first time). I'll probably drop in often and post some.

Never forget your dreams.
    Work hard to make your dreams a reality.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/8/02 9:38:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Just found this board
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arkie55, a big TFF welcome. Hope you like to reload I'm mooching .44 special brass if you got any...just kidding...we do like to talk handloading and foot loading if you're gifted that way.

So, hows the weather in your neck of the woods.

Gunguy

Arkie55
    (10/8/02 9:48:19 pm)
    Man I love to reload. I have two complete RCBS set-ups at home. I got a temp transfer to Atlanta Georgia and my family and I are living in an apartment. All my reloading equipment and componets are in Arkansas. I am getting the shaks so bad from not reloading that I am seriously thinking about buying the Lee Annaversiry Kit just to load some rounds to shoot until I can get back home and get one of my RCBS set-ups down here. I could always give the Lee set-up to a newby or one of my sons to start loading with. What do you think? I know most of the Lee equipment is not state of the art but the press and scale should work fine and I haven't heard anything bad about their dies either.

I load for 6.5X55 Swedish Mauser (own 3 of these), .243, .270, 7MM Mauser, 30-06, and .45 auto, .308.

Never forget your dreams.
    Work hard to make your dreams a reality.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/8/02 9:59:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Just found this board
    Arkie55, Welcome to TFF

I can see you have the addication as bad as the rest of us do

Every tuesday night there is a gun owner addiction group therapy in The Pump House. Feel free to stop in and let us help you.

On the agenda for next tuesday is a class on proper sight picture and How to save your pennies for that new gun seminar

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/9/02 9:02:46 am)
    Hi Arkie55.....Welcome to TFF!

We've got a lot of reloaders, a lot of .45 shooters......in fact, no matter what your interest in shooting, we've got a bunch of good people with interests similar to yours.

Don't hesitate to jump into any of our forums.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (10/9/02 10:40:36 am)
    Arkie55, welcome to the forum.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/9/02 7:15:48 pm)
    Arkie55, have you checked out that Lee 4-hole turret press, it advances to another die station with each pull of the handle.

If you find Lock Stock & Barrel website of Valentine NB they sell it for around $55 I think. You can't have too many presses you know, I've got five and it ain't easy trying to work all them handles at the same timel...that's why I'm gifted foot loading...don't ask how I work the fifth press. HA!

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 10/10/02 10:44:46 am

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/10/02 4:37:48 pm)
    Welcome to the board, Arkie55 -

Yup, we've certainly got a bunch of handloaders, freeloaders, and just plain gabby people here on the board!

Got lots of family around the Fayetteville area - shake a tree hard enough around there and one of 'um come falling down!

Gotta' get yourself a portable rig to stuff some hulls and go out and blast 'em. Man, I hate store bought ammo!

Anyway, be sure to jump in some of the other forums here - jist be careful who you're seen hangin' out with - some unsavory galoots hang around the Pump House, 'cause they're not polite company anywhere's else!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Arkie55
    (10/10/02 6:17:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del welcome
    Hey guys,
    I really appreciate the welcome to the board. I can sometimes ask lots of questions because I like to talk. The way I see it, I can learn more quicker if I hang out in these forums and read all the post that apply to my interest. I have spent some time reading the post in this section of the forum and there is no doubt there are a lot of knowledgable reloaders here. Again, I appreciate the welcome.

wsmc667
    (10/11/02 1:47:14 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: welcome
    hi Arkie,

i'm another newbie, too! good folk here! and the different forums can consume hours of your sleep time!

i need to start learning me somethin about ammo. i'm so damn dumb, i need to do research to learn what questions to ASK!! basically, i care the most about .22 out of a ruger mark ii, so i'll look around the `net then bug the .22 rimfire forum.

anyhow, welcome from one new guy to another!

=) chris in sandy eggo, p.r.k.

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/11/02 1:18:24 pm)
    Good to meet you guys, yep, there are some smart cookies here, but the best part about 'em is they are frendly, and dont mind sharing info. Maybe someday I'll be half as smart as some of these guys, and return the favor to someone else.

~Donny

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/11/02 1:42:17 pm)
    See, LTS -

Donny's gotta be talking 'bout me - not you!!!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Edited by: kdub01 at: 10/11/02 2:43:02 pm