just got a p-64, 9x18

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by chunk, Mar 30, 2005.

1. chunk

chunk New Member

this little pistol shoots great,ive run 4 boxes of wolf fmj through it so far... no problems, got it '' new'' for $149 anyone else like this weapon ??
  2. lead

lead Well-Known Member

That's a good deal. I saw one at a dealer Monday and he wanted $199.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Wow, that is a good deal. I usually see them for $200 or above. I would like to get one as a back-up CCW.

How's the recoil on it? I've never shot anything that small. Is it comfortable to shoot, or does the slide rake the top of your hand as it cycles? It would seem that the short stubby grip on it might make that an issue.
  4. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Well Chunk, You'd better fill us in a little more about that P-64. I just won one on Gunbroker. With shipping it will be $145. :D
  5. chunk

chunk New Member

well,recoil isnt'to bad.it is small but it feels good in my hand. very accurate inside 25 yards. i would say it will make a great ccw gun.{ as soon as i get my permit of course}ive' run another 3 boxes of wolf fmj through it ,i had 1 stovepipe. i like it so far. like to try some different ammo .ill' let yall' know.....roll tide
  6. offeror

offeror New Member

I'm not sure that's a C&R, is it? Can I use my C&R license to order one? Chunk, where/how did you buy yours, if you don't mind my asking?
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. MPinkston

MPinkston New Member

No its not C&R :(
  8. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Well, I've got mine now. I was shooting Brown Bear ammo. Recoil was pretty stout on mine. It really punched my hand. Accuracy was very nice, and it never malfunctioned at all. I may have to try different ammo. My hand hurt after 50 rounds.
  9. chunk

chunk New Member

pretty cool huh ? ive' run many boxes of wolf fmj through mine. just 1 stovepipe, i like it! i need to find a good paddle holster.what year was yours made? mine is dated 1969 imported by tenesse guns
  10. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Mine is also dated 1969, and is marked TG KNOX TN, which I assume is tennessee guns. I have two clips, one serial numbered to the gun, the other has a different number.
    Do you know if anyone is making aftermarket grips for it? Wraparound rubber grips would help tame some of that recoil. Thanks.