Just got a PPH: not PA63, not CZ: better?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by tooldawg99, May 1, 2009.

1. tooldawg99

tooldawg99 New Member

I just picked up an Interarms Hungarian PPH, pics posted. yes, it looks almost identical to the PA63, and is a Walther PPK patterned pistol. I picked up a few PA63's and some CZ's to compare, and this seems like a much better pistol for the following reasons:

1. It is chambered for the .380 cartridge, which should be a plus once the shortage of smaller caliber ammo is over!

2. The safety lever can be engaged with only one thumb: some PA's and CZ's I've tried take both hands to disengage the safety!

3. The fit and finish seems all-around better, smoother and slicker than any of the PA/CZ's I have handled

4. The PPH was only imported by Interarms for one year. However, it was a military issued pistol from 1963-1996, altho it was changed from 9x18 to .380 for USA importation, so it has a lengthy service record.

The only thing I don't like is the one grip that has a palm-swell: it fills the grip nicely, but would conceal better with flatter grips.

The questions:
    1. Will a molded Galco holster for a PPK fit this pistol?
    2. Any makers of spare magazines, in stock?
    3. Any opposing opinions on the quality of the PPH vs. the more common FEG PA63 or the CZ version? (I'd love to hear from you if you happen to have shot or own both or all three!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. tooldawg99

tooldawg99 New Member

Not much of a response... so here's mine!

The PA63 is chambered in 9x18 Makarov, but it has an alloy frame. The PPH is solid steel, and chambered in 380. Less wear and tear from a slightly less powerful round and coming from an all-steel frame means the PPH will wear less, and last longer.

The extra mags are available from Numrich. About $12 each.

Most holsters made for the PPk will fit the PPH, but some that are super-wet molded may have to be stretched or worn a while to fit. Any holster made for the PA63 will fit the PPH fine. The only differences between the PA63 and the PPH is the magazine and barrel assy, since the PA63 is chambered in 9x18 Makarov.

Same for grips: anything fitting the PA63 will fit perfectly.

Some pics of the grips I put on my PPH, and the TripleK SOB holster:

Attached Files: