Just got back from the soooooner gunshow....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Aug 22, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

One of the tables that sells magazines at every gunshow finally had FAL metric magazines at a good price and i bought 6 of them! :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

So Mike how big was the crowd and how was the supply, especially the ammo supply?
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The crowd was about 1/3 or less than what it should have been. The ammo supply was abundant but overpriced...not obscenely, but over priced. $12 a box of 9mm blazer brass which can occasionally be bought at wallyworld for $8 and some change. 45acp was $20 a box when..again...wallyworld for $14...

The most outragious think i saw there was a Rock River rifle like mine in .308 for nearly $1700 !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: I bought mine at my favorite gunshop for $1150 and that was during the rush on those guns! Somebody trying to make a big big profit.... I know those are hard to come by but that's outlandish!

The outfit that sells only once fired and new brass was slower than slow and their prices were finally in line with reality. They had .308 brass for .30 cents a piece... they also had 41 mag and 44 mag brass. I think it was $20 per 100 if i remember right. I got their card this time so i can get ahold of them in between shows.

There were a few tables that had a good selection of AR type rifles but this show there were no where near the numbers of them that i had seen at the last show. I don't know if they sold a bunch of them or they were just being conservative on what they brought to the show. There was one table that i remember from before that i had bought my Remington 1100 tactical from...they didn't have even a single pump or semi auto shotgun this time around? Last time they they had a 25 foot long table loaded with tactical pump and semi auto shotguns. That was during the "scare" or should i say the "shock and awe" of obama being elected phase of gun sales... :rolleyes:

There was a table that had alot of optics for sale. I'm not familiar enough with optics to know what is good and what is junk so i didn't mess with that table. I don't believe in buying mediocre optics. Its either high end quality stuff or nothing at all. I'm a leupold fan.

That about summs it up. I'm glad i finally got those darn mags. I hate having a rifle without at least 4 mags for it. They had some 32 round Glock 9mm mags fairly cheap. I think it was just over $20 but i don't see the need for it.... i probably should have bought one at least but i didn't. I got their business card though....
    I wouldn't mind a xd45 or G21 extended mag. eh, i dunno. Magpuls were cheap. I should have picked up a few more of the black ones with the real window...but i didn't :mad:

Boy, those fajhitas and beer last night have had me passing gass on an unbelieveable level... I remember waking up last night to pass gass and thinking to myself...dang, is this for real? :D Must have been the oil they fry that stuff in? Oil and grease does that to me. If i were in outer space i would literally explode... :D;)

mike
    gn
  4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

blow up. That cracks me up Mike.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well think about it.... explosive decompression... just imagine one of those gerbils from "Joe Cartoon"... gerbil in a blender...gerbil in a jet engine...etc etc etc... you get the idea.
    I would never get the chance to freeze solid... the airlock would open and i would vaporize leaving behind something similar to a large sneeze after a really bad nosebleed...

God forbid it was during hay fever season... it might look like an aborted moose fetus strewn everywhere!!!!

mike
    gn
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

LMAO there's no wonder how the N got in GN !

FYI - Had the Angus burger at McD's today and the card was $10, so i splurged and got a shake to go with it ! :cool: a fairly decent burger, not a What-A-Burger,but quite palatable! Mucho Grazzy Azz GN !!
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I had the same darn thing... the 1/3 LB Deluxe... this is the 3rd one i have had and today i asked for it fresh off the grill because the previous 2 burgers were near room temp and not very tasty that way. They scr*wed it up again! That burger was not fresh off the grill... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I go in there the other day and order the deluxe breakfast and the El Salvadoran kid working the counter that can barely speek english properly want to tell me that hash browns don't come with it...despite what the picture up on the menu shows.... I WENT BALISTIC.... That kid avoids me now whenever i go there... which is looking like its not worth going there by the recent downturn in the quality of the food...

AND...if i don't want cheese on the burger i about have to shout it at the top of my lungs to get the cashier to ring up the order right. You tell them what number meal you want and they stop listening at that point. Afterall, the soda dispensers are self serve...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I should have got you guys Chick-fil-A gift certificates...but i wasn't sure y'all had them in your area....

mike
    gn
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

We've got them here, they're pretty durn good. Always hot and fresh.

Sorry to hear the the McD's there is so bad, there's a couple of decent ones here in the area. So far, the Angus has made a good impression on me, I will have a few more, but i don't frequent fast food too often. I love to cook too much; one of my favorite sayings is "I love to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food!"

Back on topic though;

Did you see what primers were going for? the last show here in town was a complete rip off, the cheapest were $45/ 1k and the majority were $55 and up. I did manage to get 5k spp from Natches the other day, THANK YOU TO THE POST ON TFF !! $194 all total, still quite a bit more than a year ago, but about $38/1k.
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I wasn't looking for primers so i didn't see what they were going for... sorry.

mike
    gn
  10. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

You have a Rock River 308? So do I. And all this time I thought you had poor taste in firearms. Well, I guess you DO have poor taste in pistols.:p
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

HEY NOW....there's nothing wrong with 1911 pistols!!! :D

mike
    gn
  12. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I'm the guy that said the 1911 is obsolete! That tore 'em up!:D:D Those 1911 fans take it personal. Next time I go south I have to avoid Orlando on pain of death.:(:( Right Doc1911? A fatwa from a 1911 lover! I'll bet you don't have any fatwas on you Glocknut!
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I stopped going to McDonalds a couple months ago when I saw a McDonalds billboard in Spanish. I now go to Jack in the Box because they have a nice big sign on the window stating that they participate in the E-Verify system:D And for some reason, I can't figure out why, they always get my order right:eek::D
  14. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Which gun show are you talking about GN? IS it the big one in Tulsa? I thought that wasn't til October or so. I need to get to it. Too bad I dont have money. They tend to want you to have that before you walk off with thier stuff, though you wont have it afterwards these days.
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The Sooner show is this weekend. Today and Tomorrow...

The big show "Wannemacher" gun show is in November 14 and 15. Probably perfect timing since that occasionally comes out right after an election. :D;)

mike
    gn
  16. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

I was at the same show, from about 10-2 or so, swapped off my SKS for 300 rounds of federal .223, 200 rounds of winchester WB .45 ACP and 50 rounds of Remington UMC .45 auto. that was after the highest cash offer I could get was 200. I also picked up a box of SR benchrest primers for $37/1K. got me a tactical sling for my AR.

While I was waiting in line with my SKS over my shoulder, the guy behind me says "a little Vietnamese b*****d shot me with one just like that." I almost cracked up it was so random.
  17. glocknut

glocknut New Member

$37 for 1k of primers? :eek::eek::eek::eek: OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... every now and then you run into that. He might have been for real? Who knows. I had a good conversation with a WW2 vet at the gunshop a while back. I started the conversation... He was kind of quiet until i got him talking.

mike
    gn
  18. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

hey, 37 ain't bad last time I was at Dong's about a month ago they were 55/1K
  19. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah, that's Dongs for ya.... :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  20. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

in my reloading time, 35 is the cheapest i've seen them and that was only back in march.