1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Just joined NRA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan42, Jan 30, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I just joined the NRA tonight,should have my memership package in a couple of weeks.Anyone here a member and do you think I made A good choice?From what ive read and learned about them I think its very worthwhile I would appreciate any input good or bad.Thanks Im new to this forum.I love to target shoot reload ammo and anything else gun related.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

You made a good choice. I'm a life member of the NRA and while I do not agree with all that they do, I do believe that they're keeping the 2nd amendment at heart. I voice my opinion to them and I think that the more members they have, the more voice we collectively have as gunowners. I'm also a member of TSRA and GOA. IF I could only be a member of one and one only, I'd opt for GOA, but they're all important and I think it wise to donate to all of them.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Welcome Ryan i am a member of the NRA the gun range i belong to will not let you in if you are not a member. The NRA probably has its good points and bad depending on how u look at it to me they are helping by fighting for our rights and that's what matters to me. So what do u use target shooting
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Life member here. I've been in and out of NRA since I was 8 years old. Out because of finances every time. Back in as soon as finances would allow.

There things NRA does with which I don't agree, but they are the biggest gorilla in the cage. To politicians, only the numbers of voters count. I also belong to SAF, as they are the ones doing the actual leg work in the court cases.

Welcome to the support group, sir.

Pops
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Get ready for the onslaught of mail. I have never received as much mail from one place I have the NRA.

They are the 800# Mean Gorilla in Washington. I also think you should join a state gun assoc as well.
  6. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Hey Beth I shoot a glock 21 45acp and an AR chambered for .223 I also have a permit to carry for self defense.
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

u target shoot with a .45 that can get expensive
  8. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I am also a life member of the NRA. It's not perfect, but I am proud to be a member!
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

All you have to do is call the free telephone number at NRA and tell them to put you on the "do not mail" list. You will get your magazines and MAYBE one or two other mailings a year. People gritch about all the mail they send but still refuse to pick up the telephone, mail a letter or email a message.

Pops
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Another member here, thanks to Double D. My membership had just lapsed and I didn't have the spare cash. I won a giveaway and the prize was a membership donated by DD.
  11. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Wether you agree with every thing they do or not, we're approaching 4 million(if not past that number) members . That is a voting block of like minded people that gets attention. It's worth a membership just for the shear numbers, if nothing else.
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Because I called 10 timed before they stopped sending me crap. I wouldn't be so upset but 99% of the crap they send out is begging for money. They have enough money to pay the people just up the road enough money to drive $90k + Cars. doesn't sound like they are hurting for money too much with salaries like that.
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Life member here and I will continue to give away memberships to help grow the NRA. Many folks would think that I dont have any issues with the NRA because I support them so much. That would be untrue. I do have issues with them. But, the good outweighs the bad and we pro gun folks better stick together now or we are going to be in BIG trouble pretty darn soon. So, even if you dont join the NRA, join the GOA or another organization of your choice that is fighting for your gun rights, but do not fight against each other!!!!!
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. Juker

Juker New Member

I'm also a member. The last couple of issues of American Rifleman have extensive coverage on how the NRA is working to make Obama a one-termer, and they're fighting hard.
  15. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Life member for 40 years. Endowment member for a few years. Son a life member for about 30 years and grandson a life member since he was about ten