The Firearms Forum banner

Just needed some love.

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Zane71464 
#1 ·
Well its done. I bought this Hi Power from a guy that parkerized it. Well I've always thought Hi Powers were a thing of beauty so I couldn't leave it at that, so this is it now.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
swheeet!

I have a browning hi-power but the trigger pin is stuck like no joke; tried just about everything to free the sucker but won't budge.

whoever owned it before me couldn't get it out either apparant by the marks all around it.

other than that, it's an outstanding shooter. That one is in far better condition than mine, looks beautiful.

#5 ·
swheeet!

I have a browning hi-power but the trigger pin is stuck like no joke; tried just about everything to free the sucker but won't budge.

whoever owned it before me couldn't get it out either apparant by the marks all around it.

other than that, it's an outstanding shooter. That one is in far better condition than mine, looks beautiful.
Trigger pin is retained by the trigger spring. use some needle nose pliers and pull the spring off the bar and off to the side of the notch it sits in.
The grips from my understanding are made of african mahogany crotch cut. I bought them from a stock who is also one of my customers.

#6 ·
Nice lookin gun!!!

#11 ·
BIG transformation and brought it "back" to life nicely!
One question though, how do you take off, or re-do the parkerized finish and have the
nice "finish" brought back to life?
Wonderful looking HP!

#12 ·
aluminum oxide blast. In the satin finish i went over it with a 600 loose muslin buff. On the hi polish sides it was 220 to 400 sanding then to 600 buff. I had to blast a few times bc of spots i missed that didnt show till i blued the gun. On the polished pieces I just started with a 320 buff on a stitched muslin wheel then to 400 and 600 and finished in a white rouge for a mirror shine for the blue nitre

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.