1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Just One of Those Days.... I guess

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Brass Tacks, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Range day last Friday. The wife brought her Ruger P95, the one that never has a failure of any kind, and I brought my Kimber Compact Stainless .45, SA EMP 9mm , and Ruger Mark II. First up, the P95. 75 rounds without fault. Next, the Kimber. Since the installation of a Wolff recoil spring, the Kimber has gone thru 900-1000 rounds without a problem. The first few magazines were all over the paper so time to concentrate on the basiscs. The groups started to tighten when I experienced a FTRB. The slide would NOT go to battery so I removed the mag and cleared the weapon. Nothing looked out of the ordinary so I inserted a fresh mag and charged the pistol. A couple of shots and it did it again. Crap! I field stripped it to find nothing wrong. Two different mags with the same ammo I've used since day one. I finished up the box (30 rounds) plus the two that malfuntioned without a hitch.

Next up, the EMP. This has never had a hiccup of any kind from day one, perfect for 1200 rounds. The third mag and a FTRB. WTH? This one took some effort to move the slide rearward. Inserted a fresh mag and fired away. No more problems. 50 rounds.

Drank a Coke then brought out the Mark II. No ammo. Geez, time to leave.

Inspection during cleaning revealed nothing.

Back to the range today with the Kimber and SA. Both functioned perfectly, 100 rounds each. Same mags, same ammo.

Friday was just one of those days, I guess. Maybe my biorhythms were out of whack.
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wierd. Strange things happen.

one of those days.jpg