The Firearms Forum banner

Just picked up a Ruger SBH 44 mag 3 screw today

Tags
ruger
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  76Highboy 
#1 ·
I went into a gun shop today and found some good stuff. First off I found eight L.E. Wilson head space gauges in like new condition with no rust and I got them for $2.50 a piece. Here is a link so you can see what they are. they normally run in the neighborhood of $25.00 a piece.

http://www.lewilson.com/casegage.html

Then I found a pristine Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum 3 screw. The serial number is 26XXX and I looked the serial number up and found it was produced in 1961. The bluing is fabulous and it has been a long time since I have found one this nice. The original grips are almost excellent except for the Ruger emblem of the right side has had the black flake off. The bluing has minimal wear. The front left side of the barrel indicates it was probably taken in and out of a run rug and not a holster because there is no bluing missing on the cylinder that would show holster wear. The drag lines on the cylinder are minimal. It has not had the transfer bar installed.

I collect these revolvers and to me they are the best. I grew up hunting with them and at a young age I became addicted to them. So, I bought it.

My wife was totally cool with my purchase. She understands that I try to buy responsibly and she respects the fact that I collect the old Ruger 3 screws.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.