The Firearms Forum banner

Just picked up a Ruger SR9c

Tags
ruger
2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  cluznar 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just went and got my new Ruger SR9c , i have been wanting one of these since they came out. Now I own one and in stainless to. I have just cleaned and oiled it tonight, so tomorrow after work i will shoot it for the first time. I will also get you guys a range report as soon as possible.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I picked one up a few weeks ago. Between my wife and my 13 year old son, I don't get to shoot it much. I may try to sneak out this Friday and get some trigger time with it.

By the way, extra magazines are available at Bud's Gun Shop for almost half the price they are locally, if you're interested in some extras. They also have the grip extender sleeve that allows the extended magazine to be used.

Tim

#4 ·
How is the thumb down knob, I got a SR40 about a year ago & didn't like the pressure it takes to thumb down the slide after changing to a new mag full of ammo. I had my smith send it back to Ruger for them to fix, it took them three months to send it back & it is just as bad now as it was when I sent it in. It is so bad it takes both thumbs (one on top of the other) to thumb it down. Good Luck with yours.
Not what I would want to bet my life on as a carry gun.

#5 ·
How is the thumb down knob, I got a SR40 about a year ago & didn't like the pressure it takes to thumb down the slide after changing to a new mag full of ammo. I had my smith send it back to Ruger for them to fix, it took them three months to send it back & it is just as bad now as it was when I sent it in. It is so bad it takes both thumbs (one on top of the other) to thumb it down. Good Luck with yours.
Not what I would want to bet my life on as a carry gun.
It's tight but by no means did I have the experience you had with your slide stop. I can do it with my thumb as it should.

The sr9c is a great ccw piece. Tight, smooth function, nice trigger.
I really enjoy shooting and carrying mine.

#6 ·
The SRs don't have slide 'releases', only slide-locks. Most folks I've talked to said it got much easier to thumb- off the slide-lock with use. I know at first I had to use both thumbs, now I can USUALLY do it one-thumbed. But Ruger is quick to tell ya, it's not a release knob, only a lock. They want us to pull the slide back and let it go.

#9 ·
The SRs don't have slide 'releases', only slide-locks. Most folks I've talked to said it got much easier to thumb- off the slide-lock with use. I know at first I had to use both thumbs, now I can USUALLY do it one-thumbed. But Ruger is quick to tell ya, it's not a release knob, only a lock. They want us to pull the slide back and let it go.
In a heated exchange when the first mag runs out & you smack another in your supposed to remember to pull the slide not thumb it down. I think that will get someone shot & I don't want it to be me. :eek:
All my other pistols thumb down, so not changing my training just for one gun.
So I'm selling this one & won't buy another.:mad:

#10 ·
I'm not sure I understand that part smoke. I mean, the gun is pointed in a safe direction anyway- and it sure SHOULDN'T fire when you release the slide. Maybe I'm missing something.

#12 ·
You guys that worry about heated gunfight reloads are hysterical...firstly the chance of a gunfight are extremely remote...then if you have to reload a 10 or 17 mag gun, you need more range time or start carrying a sawed off shotgun...no worry for reloads...
If you can't hit your target at the range, yoll never hit anything when in a gunfight except some poor old lady down the street...
Practice,practice,practice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.