1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Just received my M44 Nagant from AIM

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by robsguns, Jun 9, 2004.

1. robsguns

robsguns New Member

And, oh my God, its the one in a million, either that or AIM must have the best stash of 44's I've ever seen. This rifle is all matching, except for the lined through butt plate. The blueing is as close to 100 percent as any surplus military gun I've ever seen, including the butt plate. Obviously this gun is a rearsenal finish, but geez, I cant believe it, neither can my wife, or the counter guy at the PX where I picked it up. The stock is like a rough finish kind of sanding job, no cartouches left, but other than that, and a slight sliver of wood missing from the stock near the rear sight, its cherry. I'm baking the stock now to get the oil out, its cooking along right nice. This is the nicest looking surplus gun I've got in my collection, isnt that a shame? If I thought I'd get all of them looking like this one, I'd order about 5 more. Funny thing is I bought this one to cut the bayonet off of and make it into an M38, but now, I'm not touching it. The barrel bore is mirror bright and shiny with a brand new looking bore. I cant find any signs of past or present rust anywhere on the rifle, and the usual machine marks are extremely minimal for a Nagant. The usual clunky trigger, its missing, its a light steady pull and then 'click'. Sweet trigger, unbelievable. Man! I could not be happier with this M44. Now if my 1909 Argentine barreled actions coming in are even half what this is, I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning with a new gun and a case of shells.:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah, I got a tag attached to this gun that indicates its importer is Numbrich LLC, the same as Numrich Gun Parts Corp., Huh!! who'd have thought AIM gets some of their guns from Numrich?
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sounds like you got a winner! Post some pics when you can. :)
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Hmm, interesting. Usually Aim's merchandise is imported by Tennessee Guns in Knoxville.

Sounds like a good 'un, though!

Just out of curiosity, why would you buy an M44 just to cut the bayo off and make it an M38-style carbine, when original M38s can be bought for $55 a piece from Aztec? http://www.aztecguns.com
  4. robsguns

robsguns New Member

1952Sniper

In a word, boredom.

Just to see how well I could do the job, and if I did it well, for the satisfaction of knowing I can do it if I want to. Anyway....
  5. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

What is the country of origin of your M44. I've got a Russian 91/59 which was originally a 91/30. My point is, if it is a factory refurb. that might explain the nice condition because my 91/59 looks like a brand new rifle.

Excellent find, enjoy it, but don't hack on it. Trust me, you would regret it later.
  6. robsguns

robsguns New Member

Its a Russian, at least it has the Russian stamp on the receiver, the hammer and sickle.

Nah, I'll leave it as is, I like it that way.