just saw an awesome movie!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 21bravo, Aug 22, 2009.

1. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

hey all.. i just thought that id sing the praises of inglorious basterds.:D it was absolutely awesome. i loved every minute of it. as i do not want to give anything away i will only say this.. Brad Pitts character was the one i liked the best. his character is supposed to be from the same area i am (the appalachian mountain region) and i can tell you.... he nailed it! i highly recommend this movie to anyone. :D:cool:
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Ive been itchin to see that film ever since I saw the trailers for it.

I also think I would like to see District (.

Thanks for the recomendation. I plan to see it in a week or so.
  3. big steve

big steve New Member

Yea that movie looks awesome thanks for the info on it.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Y'all let me know when it is out on CD. most every movie is out for a year or two on CD before it gets our theater. and you have to be one of the first thirty people in line to get a seat. all the others have stand up while watching the movie. The local fire dept. lets them get away with 75 people as long as all the exit doors are left open and the pop corn machine is turned off when the movie starts.
  5. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

that kinda sounds like the theatre in my hometown ron.. thats where i went to see the movie and i hadnt been there in quite some time (i usually venture into the big city as the quality of the theatres and movie selections are better)

oh.. one thing i forgot... its not that historiclly accurate.. so dont go into it expecting a documentery;)
  6. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

ahaha yea i want to see bastards i recently saw district 9 its verry good ahah and very violent so dont expect to take the little kiddies
  7. Do they show the movies with a 16mm projector on a pull down screen too, Ron, and do they allow you to tie up your horse to a hitching post out front while the movie runs? :D;):p
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Hmmm....
    Never seen a movie w/Brad Pitt in it. Spose I'll miss this one too.
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

After Pitt's pro same-sex marriage tirades in interviews before the film, I suppose I'll miss it as well. :rolleyes:
  10. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

I have to admit that when I see the trailers that make Hitler out to be a dufus and a sort of campy feel to everything, I automatically place this flick on "no go" status.
    It's possible that I'm a wee bit too sensitive about the subject matter, but I'm not ready to watch the author of the Final Solution and his war machine made into a punchline.
    Perhaps those who have seen it can relieve me of my apprehension.
    Plus the fact that while I have enjoyed some of Tarantino's efforts in the past, I've never been a big Brad Pitt fan
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  11. I must agree, Shimon. Hitler and his minions were many things, but stupid and comedic were not among their attributes. As for Pitt, I must agree as well. I'd as soon watch Jane Fonda or a Michael Moore film. :(
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

+1

The ideology that anything can be made funny leads to insensativity... in my opinion at least...

mike
    gn