JUST WHAT WE DON'T NEED......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leo66, Nov 16, 2012.

1. leo66

leo66 New Member

A Missouri man is accused of planning a movie theater massacre at a screening of the final "Twilight" movie.

Blaec Lammers, 20, was charged Friday with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action after his mother alerted police that he had purchased 400 rounds of ammunition and two assault rifles "very similar to the ones in Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting," according to probable cause statement issued by the Bolivar, Mo., Police Department.

Lammers told police that he had "homicidal thoughts" and "had purchased the firearms with the intentions of shooting up the movie theater" in Bolivar, Mo., according to probable cause statement.

Lammers allegedly told the cops that he had already purchased a ticket for the Nov. 18 screening of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2"

Lammers said he also planned to shoot up a nearby Wal-Mart store, according to the statement. He had previously threatened to stab a Wal-Mart employee in 2009.

Police characterized Lammers as "being off his medication," but he was able to purchase the rifles on Monday and Tuesday this week. He then practiced shooting them in Aldrich, Mo.

According to the Springfield News-Leader, Lammers is being held on $500,000 bond and does not yet have an attorney.

On July 20, suspected gunman James Holmes shot up an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, killing 12 and wounding 58 on the opening weekend of the Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises."
  2. lead

lead Active Member

Good grief, this is about an hour's drive from me. I've been to Bolivar a number of times.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Off his meds!!! Had problems in 2009! How did he buy a gun?
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

pfffff......jerks like that make us all look bad........but on the flip side, let him and everyone else carry. Then when he busts into the theater he could get welcomed by a angry mob of armed citizens.
  5. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Simply having a prescription for depression or anxiety meds doesn't put any sort of a flag up in a background check, you have to be declared mentally incompetent in order to be denied.

Given that most of the theaters here don't post no firearms and given the large amount of permit holders, the only thing that might prevent an immediate return fire on him might be that few adults would be attending "Twilight"...
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I know that but I think this guy was on antipsychotic drugs. Sounds like a schizophrenic to me. I don't think he was on Prozac or Valiums.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Either way, thank God that his mother sounded the alarm. An ounce of prevention is worth several tons of cure !!!!!
  8. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Finally! Someone in these whackjobs' lives takes notice and DOES something about it.

Did the government prevent this? NO!

MOM did!

Can the government prevent this type or criminal activity? NOPE!

Can the police stop it? NOPE!

Then what good are the police? They are there to take a report and supply a body bag (clean up). That's all they are good for. That, and other aimless jack-booted thuggery (lawlessness), and the occasional ticket.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I can't say for certain in this particular case, but I highly suspect the government is behind at least some of these mass shooting incidents for the purpose of discrediting gun ownership in America. The fact that both the Aurora, Col. and Sikh temple shootings for example, have been attributed to a single shooter, despite eye witness testimony that there were multiple shooters, is highly suspicious. Ask yourself if the government that brought you "Fast and furious" is above that. Remember that those running the show in this country pay allegiance to the UN and it's agenda. Just sayin'.