Just wondering about retirement programs.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Trouble 45-70, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I think the Teddycare health bill is going to force my former employer to drop healtcare at least for retires and probably for current employees. I think most employers would like to get out from under healthcare requirements so they won't have have that expense. I would be surprised if compensation for lost coverage was provided. Now for the kicker; if that works well for the govt. then why not force employers to drop pensions and take over that income stream and add it to SS payments giving recipiants 30 cents on the dollar or something like that. The remaining 70 cents going into the General Fund. Boy that would be great. Just think if you are retired and oppose govt. policies then govt. can threaten to shut off SS and healthcare. They would realy have us by the short hairs if they could also grab our personal retirement accounts too. Just wondering. What do you folks think?
  2. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Well I think that's the plan isn't it? Get everyone dependent on Fedzilla, then no one will vote to take the money out of their pocket. Sounds like a good..er I mean really nasty and nearly foolproof plan to me. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm beginning to think the term "DC" is outmoded. Shall we all start to refer to it as "DK?" Kremlin does start with a "K," does it not?

Pops
  4. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

My company will offload it's health insurance the day this thing passes.
  5. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

Sadly a number of companies had started dropping healthcare before Obama even ran.
    The percentage of large companies offering health benefits dropped from 69% in 2000 to 60% last year. Only 45% of small companies offer health benefits.
    http://www.kaisernetwork.org/daily_reports/rep_index.cfm?DR_ID=47450

I often hear comments about how taxpayers shouldn't fund healthcare for the uninsured, but wonder how many people with employer sponsored healthcare realize that the untaxed employer contribution is in effect a subsidy.
    The healthcare market is dysfunctional in that success is not related to providing a good product (healthy people) and instead is driven by stockholder return. IMHO this is what has driven the economic crisis short term gain at the expense of long term viability.