just wondering what this iver Johnson's worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jeells, Jul 8, 2012.

1. jeells

jeells New Member

Just received this 12 gauge from my grandfather. The only set off numbers i see are 29486 near trigger? If there's something else you need ill look and post back.thanks Joe

Attached Files:

2. jeells

jeells New Member

Any info someone may have would be cool. I don't know anything about this gun. Should i post more pics??
  3. jeells

jeells New Member

Here's some more pics

Attached Files:

4. Ron Legros

Ron Legros Member

Based on the shape of the stock and fore end your shot gun was made sometime between 1909 and 1925 give or take a year or two. I don't know of any accurate way to date these guns by serial number as, to the best of my knowledge, there are no records known to exist.
    Depending on where you live, based on the pictures you provided, the gun should bring $150.00 and maybe more. If it were a smaller gauge it would be worth more.
    Hope this helps.

Ron
  5. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The late I.J. expert Bill Goforth believed Champions with all numeric serial numbers were made 1909-1919 so Ron's estimate appears about right. I'd also agree with his value estimate, as yours is in much better shape than average, with case colors still showing.
  6. jeells

jeells New Member

Thanks guys. My grandfather was told its worth alother more but hes not sure. But atleast i have an idea of when it was made. Important never gonna sell it so what its worth really doesn't matter.thanks
  7. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

There's almost no interest in old utility grade single barrel shotguns, and many in average condition can be bought for under $100. The only ones that seem to sell well are .410s.
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Did they make a double barrel model too?