The Firearms Forum banner

just wondering what this iver Johnson's worth?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  3/2 STA SS 
#1 ·
Just received this 12 gauge from my grandfather. The only set off numbers i see are 29486 near trigger? If there's something else you need ill look and post back.thanks Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Based on the shape of the stock and fore end your shot gun was made sometime between 1909 and 1925 give or take a year or two. I don't know of any accurate way to date these guns by serial number as, to the best of my knowledge, there are no records known to exist.
Depending on where you live, based on the pictures you provided, the gun should bring $150.00 and maybe more. If it were a smaller gauge it would be worth more.
Hope this helps.

Ron

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum. The late I.J. expert Bill Goforth believed Champions with all numeric serial numbers were made 1909-1919 so Ron's estimate appears about right. I'd also agree with his value estimate, as yours is in much better shape than average, with case colors still showing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.