just wondering?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gutshot22, Dec 1, 2009.

1. gutshot22

gutshot22 New Member

i have a diamond arms co. 410 gauge single shot that i would like to date how do i date this gun?
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

There really isn't any way to date it other than a "era". Why, because Diamond Arms Co. did not exist as a gun making entity. While the name Diamond was and still being used on several firearms, the name, Diamond Arms Co. was a Trade name /Store Brand name owned and used by Shapleigh Hardware Co. of St. Louis Mo. in the 1930' and 1940's. Like most large Hardware chains of the times they purchased firearms from the lowest bidder and had their Store Brand roll marked on them. The Guns that have been listed as using the Diamond Arms Co. roll mark are, Iver Johnson, Stevens, H&R, Crescent and also Belgium imports. To ID your shotgun you need to do some comparison, Go to Numrich Gun Parts site and pull up some of above mentioned shotguns and compare with yours. I would first check the Iver Johnson Champion and the Stevens 94.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009