K-Mart ammo

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by .38domination, Jul 13, 2012.

1. .38domination

.38domination New Member

went to Kmart today to look for some arrows. When leaving i noticed they had boxes of ammunition right next to the kids' toy aisle. if that wasn't bad enough a box of 20 gauge shells was teared wide open and someone thought it would be a good idea to TAPE the shells that fell out ONTO the box and put it back on theshelf. Live ammuntion out of the box right next to Transformers and Barbies was not a pleasant sight.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow i hope u told the store manager
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

the closest K Mart we have is in altoona pa. and they dont sell ammo or guns:(
  4. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

ours used to. 21ys ago I bought a mossberg shotgun from them when the one in our town first started carrying them.. I bet they only had guns for 10ys maybee... :(
  5. .38domination

.38domination New Member

Ya but all the ammo here is way over priced.
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i don't know if our k-mart sells ammo guess i have to find out--hey .38 what r u doing with my car magnet
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

K-mart down this way, and we only have one in this area, is overpriced and they stopped selling firearms some time ago. The do sell ammo and the Federal 550 round bulk packs was right around 30 bucks the LAST time I'd stopped by.
    I asked some younger feller in sporting goods why it was so high when I could go up the street to w-mart and buy the same box for 10 bucks cheaper? He didnt know and I havent been back to their SG's since.
  8. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Could be why they are going out in most areas.....high prices + bad placement
  9. Zane71464

I'd say you're spot-on yetiman!
  10. soundguy

i imagine places like target, and especially walmart are killing them fast..
  11. HossFly

HossFly New Member

Target here wont sell BB's let alone ammo-Kind of stupid with their name & logo?
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  12. soundguy

i'm talking in general. ie target and walmart as 'super stores' are killing kmart.. an older style super store.. etc.
  13. Zane71464

Kmart in my area has been falling apert for some time now, call it poor managemet in the store it's self or what, it's going down hill.
    Lot of times you walk in and you have to go throught a maze of merchandise on pallets and no workers to be found. Last time I check on different thing, shaving cream, razore, etc, their prices was about a dollor or so above wmart. And as far as haveing what they have in stock......I dont shop there anymore other the the RX dept. They are quicker and no waiting time or lines to wait in...ha!
  14. soundguy

again. they did not change to meet market demands. and bloated overload like sears... sears was great from 1900 thru about 85. and again.. super stores like walmart started killing them. their main holdout was tools. now harbor freight is killing everybody who sells non name brand tools.

lets face it. you can either buy 2-3 name brand type tools.. or non name tools. non name tools include store brands and such. of those.. HF is price leder. and with a no hassle warranty for hand tools, and prices sometimes 1/3 of a store brand.. and liekly made in the same factory.. why pay more.

in 1980 and 1990.. you still say alot of cottage community CHEAP junky tools out of the asian market... but watch out now.. they have tooled up and heck.. even craftsman tools come out of china, depe nding on what you get. was in sears a year ago to get a warranty trade out on a clicker ratchet wrench.. tool i handed them had no plastic on it.. one I got back had plastic.. but oh well. in any case.. flip over the wrench.. and zing.. made in china.. :)
  15. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

We've got a combo-Kmart/Sears here, I rarely even bother going in. My daughters boyfriend works at the mini-Sears there and tells me all sorts of little BS things that they have to do... the Sears can't stock automotive batteries, because the Kmart side does, etc.