Kabar in the WOT

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by 94z07, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Any stories of the WWII styled Kabar being used in today's WOT?
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

No stories, but I once saw a T shirt for sale on line that I really liked. When I went back to place an order I couldn't find it...must have checked every T shirt site out there. Anyway the slogan on it was:

Kbar: Fighting terrorism one jugular at a time.
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Probably on Sgt. Grit's web site.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you do know knife stories aint pleasant eh ??? or am i lost here again ??
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i'd like to hear some knife stories myself.

jack, we know they aint pleasant. no offense meant by this, but a lot of the posts about islam you and a few others make arent pleasant either. sometimes the truth aint pleasant.

shouldnt we hear stories about our guys kicking butt if we're going to hear gory details? and not just them killing us.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no , thats fair enough John,

i'll butt out on this one then , no offence , theres talkin about killing and war and theres talk about kills made .. 1 is ok in my mind , the other , to me anyway is not for public crowing ..

sorry i've my own screwed up ideas on this
  7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

My grandfather was a Marine in WWI and was in the first bunch of Marines sent to Europe was wounded a couple of months before the end of the war and he spent around 6 months in a French hospital after the war recovering from his injuries. He received several medals during the war both American and French. He saw a lot of horrible things and he would not speak much of the war. He did mention once that they butchered horses for meat but as far as any combat stories he would not elaborate.

I think that most all people that have actually been in combat and have been shot at and killed other humans do not like to speak of it. I respect their privacy and question in my mind those that do tell the stories and brag about their exploits if they really experienced any combat at all.
  8. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I know a close friend of the family, his boy is carrying one right now and we dont know where he is at, we are not allowed to know. Anyhoo, he traded in his SOG for his grandfathers K-Bar that was used in WWII. I dont know if that is what you are looking for but that is my contribution.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    to kill with a gun is somewhat removed,you aim at a target,you squeeze the trigger,and with the recoil you only see the target falling down.to kill with a knife is very personal,it is not something you brag or talk about.if you think that looking into someones eyes and seeing the terror that they realize they are dying and feeling warm blood on your knife hand and smelling the sweet sickening smell of their blood inyour nostrels is story material,then more power to others,i will not tell any tales. old semperfi