1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Kahn o/u 12ga at Big 5 sporting goods

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Doug W., Jul 21, 2003.

1. Doug W.

Doug W. New Member

Hi! Can anyone tell me if the shotgun Big 5 has on sale for $399.00 is a good deal. I'd like to get an o/u shotgun, but can't come up with the big dollars for a fancy one.

this gun is a 12ga o/u imported by Century Arms and labled Kahn. Made in Turkey. Comes with 5 chokes total, has selectable trigger, tang saftey. 28 inch barrels, Turkish Walnut stock. Are parts available? has anyone used one? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Doug
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

Hi Doug

I have not shot one but generally the Turkish and Russian shotguns are sufficient for the occasional hunter or particiapating in shooting sports. They will not hold up to high volume usage. I don't know if parts are available.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Doug.......Welcome to TFF.

Century imports so many different firearms that most of them aren't even listed in many of the gun books.

Generally speaking, Turkish firearms have a reputation as generally inexpensive, decent quality, serviceable guns. Not of Browning quality, but not junk either.

If you decide to buy it, how about doing a "road test" for us? We're always on the lookout for bargains.
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

yep, all I could find was, just a little more info than you already have...

The Kahn Arthemis is made in Turkey and newly imported by Century Arms. This new-in-the-box 20 Gauge Over/Under features a hand checkered Turkish Walnut stock with a LOP of 14 1/8" over a recoil pad, a tang mounted non-automatic safety and barrel selector. It has 28" barrels with 3" chambers, and comes with 5 choke tubes which I measure to be Modified, Improved Cylinder, Skeet, Skeet, and Cylinder. It has a non-selective Extractor. The sides of the Monoblock and extractors are nicely engine turned, and it has a light coverage engraving of a duck on the receiver. It weighs 6 pounds 12 ounces. The instruction manual indicates that if the barrel selector is moved to one side the bottom barrel fires first, to the other side the top barrel, and if placed in the center both barrels fire. Possibly with a small bore shotgun it might sometimes be handy to fire both barrels at once, certainly this feature is a Good Thing to be aware of. It appears to be a well made shotgun, and at $425 suitable for a low cost starting gun. It has a one year manufacturer's warranty for the original purchaser

Good luck :)