Kahr CS not very good

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by larrydickman, May 22, 2012.

1. Jayhawk9x19

Jayhawk9x19 New Member

PM40 has been sent to Kahr, free of charge for me. They estimated 2-3 weeks turnover time, we'll see how long it actually takes, it arrived at their factory today.
  2. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

UPDATE. I just received a call from the former head of CS at Kahr, He now is a consultant to Kahr. After telling him the situation, he said it should have never happened and that Kahr wanted to make it right. I said I sold my Kahr and bought a Glock. I told him that it was not that the problems I had with the gun itself was not my worry but that Kahr would not stand behind the gun if I had some real issue. That a 2 dollar spring that they would not take care of made me very nervous and that I was told my warranty was void for using reloads. He told me this was unacceptable and wanted to know if they gave me a very good deal on a new CW9 would I come back to Kahr.

I said I would and Kahr is supposed to call me tomorrow with the price and set up the purchase. We will see what a "good price" is. I hope its a deal I can't turn down as I really did like the gun. I will keep you all posted and also on the other forums I posted on to let everyone know how Kahr handled this situation.

I had the extra mag and a Houge sleeve with it as the only gripe I really had with the gun itself was the sharp ridges on the front and back strap. The Houge took care of this. I am posting here because I got an email update that a new post had come thorugh and thought I would write a quick update.

I will up date what happens in the next week or so when it all settles out. I really hope this is a situation where it was a rogue CS rep who was not taking care of customers. I have nothing personal against Kahr and bought the CW because of the good things I had heard.
  3. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I wonder if someone at Kahr is reading posts at TFF?
  4. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

Not sure, but I did complain to the BBB and that may have made my complaint go past Eian the CS rep to someone who is more in tune to how to take care of their customer base. Its not done yet, but from the phone conversation it seems to be heading in the right direction.
  5. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I wish you the best of luck.
  6. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

UPDATE, I talked with the head of CS at Kahr today and the "great" price I was offered was 359. I told him that was a bit shocking since I can buy it from Buds Guns for 369 and free shipping and I paid 359 for the one I sold. He offered to throw in nights sights and I said if they can go 325 and the NS I may do it. We will see. I am still not very impressed with all the trouble that Kahr has caused me.
  7. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Wrong me once, shame on you.
    You will not likely get a chance to wrong me twice.

The G26 is a good pistol. Its a little thicker than the Kahr, but that really is not significant.

Glock's customer service is almost unbelievably good. I have seen them take care of problems that were definitely not related to a product defect, just to help maintain their well earned reputation for exceptional customer service.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  8. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

That unbelievable price from Kahr is not that unbelieveable and their recent attitude does not suprise me either. Their taking that road that sig took with the big ego and are starting to tick off a lot of people. 359 for a polymer gun and a simple action such as theirs is a rip IMO.
  9. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

I got the last call today from Kahr, 284 shipped to my FFl so all in 305. I don't think thats a give away but its not a bad price for the CW9. They sell for 369 from Buds and after transfer its about 400 or more and if you buy one locally its more with tax. If it does not stand up I can sell it and make a couple of dollars for my trouble.
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

That's a fair deal Larry and probably as good as you could expect from a gun maker. It's not likely to bankrupt Kahr and is justified compensation for your trouble.

I would suggest you don't even shoot it..keep it unfired and maybe even see if your dealer might take it in trade for something you'd really like to own. I know I'm unloading my CW45 at the first opportunity. As I said before, so far it's been ok, but as Helix has aptly pointed out, Kahr has an exagerated opinion of the value of their products.
  11. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

I had to file a complaint with the BBB to get someone at Kahr besides Ian in CS. I was finally contacted by Tim Pierce who is head of CS. He said that the old head of CS was an engineer and not a people person and did not fit in that job and has since moved on. This explains why in the past year that Kahr has had so many complaints about its CS. Tim was great and after I told him I sold my Kahr, asked if he gave me a good price on a new CW9 would it fix the problem?

I said yes and after a bit or wrangling I received my Kahr for 259. Its a good price for this gun. He said that my situation was absolutely handled incorrectly and he apologized. I was never in it for a grudge and said on all my posts I liked the size and feel of the Kahr. I was also told that the CS person I had encountered had been talked to about future situations like this and how not to handle them.

I was also told that Kahr knows that every day its customers use reloads in their products and that this is only a real potential problem with the poly rifling. I was told that the standard L&G rifling of the CW did not really have a problem as long as the reloads were not over pressured. I agree with this as this is how every gun company views reloads, its a way of saying that if you use reloads and its not loaded correctly and the result is a blown or ruptured gun the company has the right to say they will not cover it. I have no problem with this. I did have a problem with them saying if you shoot reloads your warranty is void. I was informed this is not the case at all. Thanks to Tim Pierce.

I received my Kahr CW today and took it to the range. Not one FTF or FTE. I use 115gr with 5 g or power pistol the low end of the reload grid. Works well. BTW the poly is only a problem with lead bullets, if you use copper case or FMJ not a problem. The review of the gun is that I hate the cheese grater friction on the grips but this is over come by a Houge sleeve. Makes the gun easy to hold. I also was hitting low and to the right which seems to be about what many others are saying. My first CW was almost POA.

I may put some adjustable rear sight on it. But since its for CCW and I have ordered an extra mag for it and holster ITPs, its not really a big deal. I sold my other CW and made 50 dollars on the deal so all in I am 209 for a new CW9.

I hope that Kahr keeps up the course correction as they once had great CS and I hope they will again. As I told Timothy, an Asian chick with a great ass holding a Kahr may make many guys drool over the anatomy of the Asian chick but it does not do much except to the more unintelligent of the gun crowd to sell a gun. A happy customer will go a long long way to sell other people on the product. I have been contacted by at least 20 people who said that they were looking at the Kahr and now would not buy one. How many people have they told and so on.

I am satisfied with Kahr thus far and will put a few more hundred rounds down range before making my final judgment. As far as the Kahr vs the Glock, I like the feel of the Glock 26 and will keep it, but for CCW the Kahr slim outline is better for carry. The Kahr has a long but smooth take up on the trigger with a crisp break. The Glock is short and crisp, and I added a ghost TB and Hi Viz sights and that thing is dead on the money at 30 feet. The Kahr I have to adjust up and to the left, but if I can find an adjustable rear sight for my Kahr it may take care of that.

So all in 259 for the gun, minus 50 I made on the first Kahr so 209 plus 25 shipping and 20 transfer all in at 254, I think that this fixes the problem as long as the gun functions. I will need more range time to check it out. So far so good.
  12. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Glad it worked out for you Larry. Sounds like you made out on that deal. I sold my CW45 the other day...suppose they'd give me a deal on a new one?:D
  13. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

I am not familiar with your situation. Did you have a CS problem with Kahr? Or was it just a problem with your CW and you sold it? In my situation I was still giving Kahr the BOTdoubt but when they shot me down or Ian shot me down for shooting reloads and just using it as an excuse to void my warranty was the straw that BTCB. My jury is still out on Kahr. So far so good on a couple of hundred rounds through it. I put the Houge sleeve on it and its much better than the factory grip. If I can get a set of adjustable rear sights for it that would fix the POA. And in the end if it does not stand up to what I want I can always go the rout of selling it. But for now I plan to keep it. But I will be watching it what an eagles eye.
  14. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Naw, no problems. I was just being facetious. The pistol actually functioned perfectly and all things considered was quite accurate. But since buying a Bersa 9 it just didn't fill a niche anymore, and my personal preference is not to own any more polymer frame pistols. So with only 100 rds through it, I sold it to a friend.