Kahr K40

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by bob1010, Jan 23, 2010.

1. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

I am looking at a used Kahr K40. Anybody have or had one? What do you think about their reliability? Durability? Accuracy?
  2. sweetokole

sweetokole New Member

Hi there... have one... covert model... you? I like mine... yes to all three.... best of all, it carries and conceals extremely well. Used is good... as long as it was well cared for... break in on new one is rather expensive... 250 rds +. Looks like you just joined so welcome to the forum... great guys in here. Let me know if you decide to get the Kahr and if so what configuration and stuff.
  3. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

I own 3 Kahrs at present:

CW45
    CW40
    CW9

All great guns, very reliable and accurate! Used is good, just take a good look at it. Take it out and have fun, I don’t think you will be disappointed
  4. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

I did go ahead and get it. It is the K40 all stainless model with rubber grip. It feels great just holding it in my hand. I can't wait to shoot it. I am going to the range in the morning if nothing else comes up. I will post a little more after the range session. Thanks.
  5. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

The Kahr 40 shoots great. It is accurate and has not given me any feeding problems so far. I had everything hit in center mass up to 30-35 feet. Being a 40 it does have some recoil and needs a little time to bring it back down for quick shots but not too bad. I am very pleased thus far and ready to go shoot again. Thanks for all of your comments.
  6. steve666

steve666 New Member

Glad you like it. I love mine, it's my primary carry gun. You might want to check out the KahrTalk Forum also. :)
  7. group17

group17 New Member

CW 40 Kahr is the bargain.
    My LDG carries them NIB for $413. I picked up a slightly used one up for $300. The only down side is they only come with one mag.
    Nice gun!
  8. steve666

steve666 New Member

My K40 is my regular carry gun. Love it. A little heavy, but that's not a bad thing with hot 135gr Corbon or 165gr Remington loads.
    View attachment kahr2.bmp
  9. noslolo

noslolo New Member

that sure is purrty steve666, much better than my cw40. I bought the CW40 to wear it daily, and to wear it so no one can see it. If they can see it, they will be more concerned about the large hole at the end of the barrel, than the two tone appearence.
  10. steve666

steve666 New Member

Like this???
    http://northcoastnow.com/members/legallyarmed/activity
  11. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Now that's cool!
  12. patrol

patrol New Member

Had a Kahr P40...perfect for off duty carry due to thin dimension's just make sure you only use the expensive...no let me correct that... RIDICULOUS Kahr brand magazine's. I did have some issue's with it when I got six "promags" off of Midway's sight for my regular range to qualify it for one of my off duty carries..we have to do that as cops if we have one we plan on carrying before our department will back you on using it. I sen't them back and used the store credit to by like three Kahr brand magazines. Shot circles around my G27
  13. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 New Member

The small MK40 is a fine gun but not good for lefties. On recoil the trigger finger can activate the magazine release.
  14. noslolo

noslolo New Member

bob1010 is looking at a K40 not the MK40. I carry a CW40 and have not had an issue with hitting the mag release. My mag release is stout and it is beneth my trigger finger. I have heard more stories about right handers hitting it with their thumbs. But that has not been an issue for me. I like to train with both hands.